Becs

bhe101

Reaction score
Hi
I just wondered if you have started taking driving lessons?
I remember you said you were gonna go for automatic rather than manual, Iv been trying to find someone who does them but no luck so far!

Hey Hon,

I know it's a nightmare! I tried all the big schools in my area and they were all fully booked up. I eventually managed to find a listings website for all driving schools in Kent and found an instructor who does automatic in my area on there.

Here's the link http://www.driving-test-success.com/dri ... _kent.html

I'm not sure where you live but this has all sorts of useful links so it may be of help. I'm booked in for my first leson on Feb 2nd.

Good luck and let me know how you get on.

Becs xxx

Good luck with your driving lessons girls :D

Any reason why you chose to do automatic? I passed my manual test but now drive an automatic, although I hate driving it and want a geared car.

My DH only has a bike license and needs to do his test too before the baby is born

Lots of luck :cheer:

hi ladies, my sister learnt in an auto, as the lessons are sooo expensive she discoverfed that the local car rental place had them with dual controls that you could hire also, if your OH is brave enough!

saved her a fortune

Thats a good idea Sparky, I would give my DH lessons (i did the same with my sister) but I only have an automatic and he wants to do his manual test.

Good luck becs!
I'l hopefully find an instructor soon!

Andreaaa- The main reason is to get it done quicker! I had a few lessons a year or two ago and I found the gears fiddly.

My husband doesn't drive either so is learning at the same time as me. We don't mind the cost we've got some money aside for it.

We chose automatic as it is one less thing to think about and I feel as though I am on a bit of a time line. Plus evening lessons in the dark are not so bad as you don't have to look down at your feet so much. We are 32 and don't drive so only being able to drive an automatic is fine with us, as up until now we haven't been able to drive at all. We are buying an automatic car but if we feel we are missing out we'll up-grade our licences with more lessons in a few years time once we are passed the baby making years.

Quite looking forward to it now. :D

learning to drive whilst pregnant :shock: is that such a good idea? I've hit two cars since becoming pregnant, think i'm going ot have to be taken off the road pretty soon.
It took me ages to learn to drive :roll: but my issue wasnt with the gears it was with roundabouts lol
good luck
hmmm jst reminded me i must nag the OH to book those driving lessons, i refuse to continue driving him to work for the rest of his life
Clare x

:rotfl: Yep, get that man booked!!! Poor you!

I know it's a bit of a miss-match, learning to do something that requires good co-ordination whilst pregnant. I'm not holding out much hope for passing before little wriggler is born. :rotfl:

I passed when I was 3 months pregnant with my first baby, so it can be done, good luck girls :hug:

One of my sisters workmates passed her test at 8 months pregnant!!
I know its not an ideal time but I struggle on the bus just now as it is, dont think I'l manage with 2 kids in tow!!
I am praying for a lottery win so I can hire a driver instead!! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back