Beconase and rapitil..

Holly1991

Reaction score
Doctor prescribed me with beconase nasal spray and rapitil eye drops for my hayfever (it's been driving me mental and not helping with sickness & headaches!

But just read online very conflicting advice whether to take them or not. Especially the beconase as its steroid based. I admittily have taken it 3 times now but what do you ladies think? Do you know anything about either of them?

Yes I'm worrying again.. Just don't want to harm bubba

Thank you in advance!
Xxx

I got given beconase on Monday to help with my sinus headaches. My dr said that the amount if steroids is low, like in inhalers for asthma and our bodies produce more steroids naturally. But with all things nothing is ever tested on pregnant ladies so best to avoid all but some things I think they think are safer and can be prescribed. I'm going to try it and see if I get relief it's miserable having a headache everyday :(

If the doctor prescribed them knows you're pregnant, I wouldn't worry.

Just looking at the British National Formulary (BNF, what docs use to prescribe), it states: If a pregnant woman cannot tolerate the symptoms of allergic rhinitis, treatment with nasal beclometasone, budesonide, fluticasone, or sodium cromoglicate may be considered.

Beconase is beclometasone, so no probs there. If GPs have any doubt over meds and pregnancy, they'll always check the BNF.

Awesome thank you ladies, I rather not take anything but I can't hardly breathe through nose and when I have my regular panic attacks I can't do my relaxation breathing haha. Also the itching was making me want to tear my face off haha!

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back