Becoming a single mom by choice... need advice!

SZCarrie

Reaction score
Hi all,

This is my first post, and first foray into this world, to be honest. A bit about me: I am 35, about to turn 36 in the next couple of weeks, and have begun my research on becoming a single mom by choice.

I am just reaching out some feelers here to see if anyone else here has also made that choice, what your experiences were, etc. The good, the bad, the beautiful... whatever you got!

Any information would be super helpful as I travel down this road. Thanks so much!

Not quite the same situation. However I left an abusive relationship when my son was 2 months old. I was 20; best decision of my life - I love my son to bits and the best thing for us was for me to go it alone.

I personally don't know anyone who has gone down the route you are; however I have a friend who knows someone who did. As far as I'm aware she's very happy.

I say go for it :) yes it will be hard but as long as you know what you're getting yourself into. Good luck with your journey

I'm a pregnant virgin, lol. Single mother by choice. I'm aromantic asexual, meaning that I don't feel sexual attraction or romantic love for anyone, so I always knew I'd be going for a non-standard family arrangement. I'm 31 now. I decided that I definitely wanted to be a single mother by choice at 26, and started trying to conceive (sperm donation and IUI) at 29. Put things on hold a bit for the epidemic, but finally, with my fifth IUI, I'm now seven weeks pregnant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back