BDing daily... opinions!

Shazza86

Reaction score
Hi peeps,

I've read that couples who are ttc shouldn't BD everyday as it means there's not enough time for healthy sperm to be generated etc etc...

I want your opinions on this. If couples BD everyday during a woman's fertile period (high and peak fertility), is this a bad thing? I just don't want to miss any opportunity and want to ensure there is always sperm waiting to fertilise the egg when it is released (and there's no indicator of pin-pointing the EXACT time this will happen).

Also, is the missionary position sufficient as long as you stay lying down afterwards (I don't think there's any need to stick my legs up in the air, right?).

Thank you and good luck to all ttc xxxx

Last edited:
I did the SMEP which is the sperm that meets egg plan and have fell pregnant twice after doing this properly. Its basically having sex every second day and then every day over ovulation.

I mainly finish sex the same which which is face down bum in the air, so I guess gravity takes course that way. But positioning isnt everything tbh. I usually immediately wipe prior to TTC and still managed to fall pregnant, so as long as the sperm is going in the tunnel Id say thats fine.

Its actually been documented that you have a higher chance of conception if the womb is supplied with a fresh batch of spermies.

If your wanting to know an exact ovulation day, thats achievable by taking your body temp at the same day every day throughout the cycle. When your temp dips youv ovulated.

Heres a link for info:

http://www.kidspot.com.au/birth/conception/fertility/7-surprising-fertility-facts

xxxx

Some people say you shouldn't every day to let the sperm regenerate but others have been told it makes no difference.

I've DTD every second or third day for weeks and my period still arrived. I've also DTD every single feckin day for 2 weeks and I still didn't get pregnant! Other people have sex once 5 days before ovulation standing up and it happens for them. So just do whatever. Its total luck!

xx

Our fertility consultant informed us that there was no effect on sperm bd'ing as many times as you want! Hubby has low morphology and we had sex about 3 times a day to make sure we were completely covered ;-)
TBH I think the best thing is to do whatever you are comfortable with, I'm sure the worrying does more harm than how many times you bd!
Also, it may be a good idea to try a few different positions over your fertile window as if your uterus is tipped at all it ay be more effective to bd from behind.
Good luck xx

Yes there is no problem to bed every day as long as your partner hasnt got a low sperm count then they recommend not as often.

Also the position makes no difference go with whatever you want. I fell pregnant first time with me on top so it has no difference which way. Xx

We BD'd every day and sometimes twice to make sure we were well covered- obviously worked for us! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back