BBTing and broken sleep

nicejuicypear

Reaction score
I know you are meant to have 3/4 hours of sleep prior to taking your temp in the morning, but what happens if you just can't?

I often wake up in the middle of the night. I don't get up, rarely need to get up for a wee in the middle of the night, but I often have restless nights where I wake often. Most times it's as simple as waking, checking the clock, turning over and nodding off again, but occasionally i'll be awake for a few minutes. It starts usually after 2 hours of sleep and it can be once every 2 hours or more than once an hour.

Does it matter if it's only a little waking up like that?

I'm not 100%, but I would say if its quite similar every night, then it wouldn't make a difference to your temp, as you would be taking your temp in the same circumstances every morning. Hope that makes sense. Not sure if I'm right though x x

I think when they mean 3/4hrs sleep, it is 3/4hrs of rest state for your body. So even if you are just lying in your bed without doing much activity it should be fine. I am also guessing simple things like turning around, pushing off your covers or checking the clock (by just extending out one arm) will not count as activity that can cause a difference to BBT... xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back