BBT and shift work

MissCharli

Reaction score
Hey all

So I'm thinking about starting with charting by bbt, but I currently work shifts on an alternate week pattern (so this week I start at 7am and next week I finish at 10pm). I know that you are supposed to take the temperatures at the same time but I don't think this is possible.

Does it matter that much that it has to be the same time, or am I going to have to basically wake up really early every day and then go back to sleep if I have work later that day?

Thanks in advance :)

Hi Charli,

Sorry i dont have any answers but i too want to temp next cycle but work shift patterns and nights. i will chart as soon as i wake on day shifts (not too worried about times aslong as i have had a decent nights sleep) but no idea how its going to effect my chart when i work nights as the timings will be afternoon not morning

hope we get some answers off the lovely ladies on here xx

I'm not certain, I just started tracking bbt this cycle and it's confusing... But I think the important thing is that you're taking your temperature when you're waking up /while your body is still at rest. As long as you're getting good sleep and temping when you wake up I think you'll be OK.

Ah that is good then thanks! I didn't really fancy waking up at 6 every day just for this, I'm not sure I'm that committed to temping lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back