Bathing baby

pinkyprincess

Reaction score
Before or after the cord stub falls off? I've read conflicting advice!

i just topped and tailed everyday until the cord fell off, he had his first proper bath at around 8days old ish.... (thats what i was advised to do!)...i too have heard conflicting advice though...

If i remember rightly i think we bathed sam when he still had his cord stump on. Was told it was ok as long as it was patted dried and didnt look sore xxx

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk

We didnt even know that some people wait until the cord falls off to bath them so we did it anyway and only found out afterwards that some people advise not to.

Savannah was fine apart from her cord didn't fall off for two weeks and the midwife said that might be because we kept cleaning it when it needed to dry up so next time I might wait!

They bathed owen in special care b4 stump had come off , and gave us some power ( that looked like talc) to put on it to dry it out xx

A mv gave E a bath just before we left the hospital. I did ask about the cord when she submerged it and she told me as long as you pat it completely dry, then it's fine.

Last edited:
Im on my third baby and I've never heard not to bathe them with the cord.. I've always bathed them from birth and never had any problems.. Jaycee took 3days to fall off, Ellie 2weeks and Lilyanna 3weeks.. U have to keep it clean or it will become infected.. As long as its cleaned and dried properly I don't think it makes a difference whether they are bathed or top and tailed.. It's not like they soak in the bath it's in, cleaned and out..

Never heard of this! I bathed Paige and Harry the day after we came home :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back