Bath time

Poppy1987

Reaction score
Following on from the routine thread about bath bottle bed I was wondering do you ladies bath your lo daily?

I know my lo is 2 young for a routine for himself but I want to get myself into a routine so if he is being looked after I can say this is what I try to follow.

I read about bath bottle bed but I'm not sure if a bath everyday is 2 much? I top to tail every day & bath every 3.

How could I get my lo for bed without a bath?

How old is your LO? Right from the time I could start giving Harry baths, I gave him one every day, despite his eczema. I just used lots of creams and no soap. For me, I wanted to get into bath, bottle, bed routine asap... xx

I bath Jack & Harry every day a part of their routine. They do dinner, bath, play, milk & bed. However if for whatever reason they don't get bathed it doesn't mess their routine up at all x

I bath jack every night, if I don't his skin gets really dry and I need to use loads of cream the next day. It's been good in this heat to give him a cool bath before bed, really seems to settle him after a sweaty day xxx

J has a bath every night as part of his routine, but only because he loves it and it's his special daddy time (I run around doing clearing up and getting bottles ready LOL). His skin is fine and we've been doing it since he was a few weeks old. We don't always use bubble bath, about half the time we use plain water but we're not regimented about it.

If you don't want to bath every night you could substitute something else relaxing like a short massage, or some quiet time on your lap reading a book to him?

Last edited:
We don't bath every day and to be honest I wouldn't use it as part of my son's bedtime routine anyway, cos he gets dead excited and tries to go swimming now he's in the big bath!

We have a bit of a wind down about half an hour before bed. OH and I speak softly, we give him gentle tickles, kisses etc while lying on his mat, I might read him a story or sing a song to him. Then he goes up to his room where he is changed and dressed for bed and given his last bottle, before being put to bed.

I don't think it matters so much about what you do, just do something to relax your LO and have some key things which happen in the same order each night so they know this means bedtime.

We don't bath our lo every day. We probs do 3x a week.

Thanks ladies, my lo will be 4 weeks next week so I know early days but it's more for my benefit at the moment. I think I will try a wind down session with a wash or bath then book and bottle and see how things go

We don't bath T every night, I try every other night, if I don't bath him he'll have a wash down using the same bath wash in his basin so it smells the same. He has his bottle before his bath/wash so after he will have cuddles in our bedroom in the dark and he'll usually be fast asleep within 15-20 mins

Xxxxxx

I bath my little one every night as part of his bedtime routine and it works really well for us. Do whatever you feel comfortable and happy with - the same routine won't work for everyone :) xx

We used to do bath, bottle bed religiously but James' skin was so sore we stopped the baths! I was bricking it that first night as I thought he wouldn't sleep - he did!

We are back to bathing everyday now we're weaning but once the heatwave passes I may go back to every other day...

xxx

We've never bathed our LO every day. She has eczema anyway, plus it's not always good to get rid of all the skin's natural oils all the time. We've never had a problem with a bedtime routine, it just doesn't include a bath! We bath her a couple of times a week (more in this hot weather), but usually in the morning or in the early afternoon - there's no association between bath and bed at all.

Her bedtime routine is basically a top and tail wash, change into pyjamas, followed by milk in her highchair whilst watching something calming on tv, then teeth cleaned, taken up to bed and read a story. She knows the routine very well and picks up her dummy as I lie her down for bed. Usually she fusses during the story as she just wants to get to sleep!

Long story short - you don't need to bath daily to get them into a bedtime routine. You can make your own routine that suits you and your LO.

Very interesting to read how you all do bed times but no right or wrong answer just what feels right for us, thanks every one x

Jackson has a bath every night and a wipe over with cotton pads and water in the daytime, we are weaning so breakfast can be messy lol.

We did B, B, B routine from 6w, he slept through from 8w.

If you dnt wanna bath every night you could bath one night and do a massages the next night and bath again. Or top and tail every night and a massage or something.

xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back