Bath Bombs

Strange that the topic of bath bombs should make me hungry :?

the best one to use in pregnancy is Lush butterball, smells lovely and leaves skin really soft. Got cocoa butter in so gives an all over moisturiser, apparently good for stretch marks.x

LouisecH said:
Strange that the topic of bath bombs should make me hungry :?

:lol:

I should add - the reason I am asking is because I am hoping to start making hand made bath bombs. If I do give it a go then I wanted to start off with 5 fragrances. But it's choosing which 5 to use. I've whittled it down to 10 (as above) but wanted to know what the most popular ones out of the 10 were.

It will give me something to do over the next few weeks, I thought they'd make good Xmas present bulker uppers :D

LUSH do a "butterball" which has cocoa butter mmmmmmm

haha i do those too, i give them all sorts of names, i have a pink glitter one that has vanilla pods inside and glitter, ideal for going out on the night because it covers you in shimmer dust glitter and lets you smell great, i called it ''Wikchik'' i make loads, they are great!

Do you sell yours Melanieyeah?

I was hoping friends/family would be interested in them.

I've just finished making 15 large 200g vanilla ones and 30 small 70g vanilla ones, it's quite addictive! :oops:

How do you make them??
I chose lemon cos i like citrus smells. Now i'm thinking i would quite like coconut :D

i give and sell them to friends and family, not sure if i can legally do it on ebay, but i was going to check out the market and see if i can, how do you make the ball shapes? i have a tennis ball in 2 halves and put the mixture in either side and pop it together.. voila!

I bought some moulds from Justasoap when I bought a starter kit, only prob is making sure they are properly lined up so don't look too wonky!!

Toriella - they are quite easy to make. You need bicarb, citric acid, fragrance oil, colour and a spray bottle of water. I also use a little bit of almond oil, and petals in some.
You sieve together 3 parts bicarb to 1 part citric acid (I do batches of 400g), add the fragrance oil (I put in 10ml for every 400g of mix), mix well, add a few drops of colour, mix well, then spritz with water until the mixture holds together when you squeeze a handful. You don't want it too wet otherwise the mix will start to 'grow' and fizz, but it needs to hold. Pile it into your two halves of the mould, give each side a press down with your hand then press the two halves together. Once you've taken them out of the moulds you need to leave them to dry for 24 hours before wrapping.

That's how I've been doing mine anyhoo! :D

about £1-£2 depending on the bomb. here are some of my creations...im currently making a website you see so i made pix
wikchik.jpg

wikchik-vanilla and shimmer dust
minty.jpg

mint choc chip
i have more but im late for work haha! be back later

I am going to do a market stall next week and sell some of my bombs, the large ones I was thinking of selling at £1.25 for the plain coloured ones and £1.50 for the rose petal ones, they weigh approx 200g and are a decent size. I was going to put them in a cellophane bag and tie it with a bit of ribbon.
I've also bought in some soap cakes from www.fizzproducts.com to sell on it.

Here's a pic of my bombs - these ones are baby powder scented.

eba00540895f00000003.jpg

those are fab! love the ribbons! i have handprinted labels on mine hehe :) good luck with that hun, looks great, you have got the hang on it! my first batches were a disaster! LOL!

my first batches were a disaster! LOL!

Mine too! Getting the consistency right was a nightmare, plus I didn't know how much to put in each mould so some were really brittle. I still have problems now with them occasionally not holding together. I have to make quite a few this week to bulk up my stock. They didn't really sell too well at the weekend - the small ones went ok but the large ones didn't. Am going to set them up in a big basket and not have so much packaging on them on Saturday and see if that makes any difference :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back