Ball

Rebecca89

Reaction score
is a gym ball the same as a birthing ball? would they work the same way? xxx

I've always assumed they were the same. Maybe a birthing ball is slightly less inflated so its more squishy to sit and rock on.

thanks, every birth one i have seen cost alot but i can get a gym ball for £3! cant see the difference really! xxx

I used a gym ball during my first labour. Did the trick!

I used a normal gym ball too, I spent the last 4 weeks of my pregnancy on it, loved it lol x

Tapatalking from my blackberry!

Yes, it's more important to get one the right size though based on your height. If you google, there is info about it.

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

I also lived on my for the last couple of months, only place i could get comfy. However the moment I went into Labour, it was the most uncomfortable place I could be. Strange

Someone correct me ikf I am wrong - I think they are essentially the same. The only difference is that a birthing ball is made out of thicker material and the valve may be slighty stronger to make it less likely to pop. However, I don;t think I have ever heard of anyone popping a gym ball anyway. I had one last time and really should start thinking about getting one for this time too as it was very comfortable!

I have heard an ikea on burst in our local maternity ward so avoid really cheap ones. They are essentially the same but they both have weight limits so check them. I have increased BMI and bought an anti burst one from sainsburys for £6. Just in case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back