Badly swollen legs and ankles :(

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by eldraW, Dec 17, 2011.

1. eldraW

eldraW Well-Known Member

Hey all.

All through my pregnancy i have had slightly swollen legs but from late 20 weeks until early 30 weeks when they got quite big. Since i have left work a few weeks ago my legs and ankles went back to normal and have not swelled up at all. I was asked at hospital the other night (when i went in for the bleeding episode) if i had any swelling to which i replied no as i didnt, Well earlier tonight i just happened to notice my legs and they are worse than they have ever been throught the whole of my pregnancy, My socks are actually cutting into me.

I know this can happen in late pregnancy but do you think its anything to be concerned about?? When i was getting it in earlier pregnancy i was just told to keep my feet up above my heart at any given oppurtunity and not to stand for long periods of time, which i dont at the minute as i feel like a beached whale lol. I also only have until Wednesday as that is when im getting induced but just wondered if anyone had any advise??

Thanks xx

2. ForestLas80

ForestLas80 Well-Known Member

My legs have swollen so much that I daily have quite deep sock marks but they go back to normal overnight or after hours of feet up. Do u feel light headed, headachy, have any upper bump pains? I not then u r just suffering the "delights" of late pregnancy :-( take it easy and make sure u drink plenty. Xxx

3. leannesxb

leannesxb Well-Known Member

As long as your bp wasn't high its probably just the extra fluid in your body and the pressure of baby. Hope you feel better soon. xxxxxxxxxx

4. gingerxmas

gingerxmas Well-Known Member

I've got that too. Was told its nothing to worry about as long as bp doesn't go up or no protein in urine or visual disturbance headaches. You have my sympathy though, as its horrid!

5. eldraW

eldraW Well-Known Member

Hey ladies thanks for your replies.

I had a routine mw appointment on Friday and i was told my bp was slightly high for me but she didnt seem too concerned and there was absolutly nothing found in my urine sample. My legs are stil quite swollen but not long to go now :) xx