Bad Stomach or Miscarriage?

Desert rose

Reaction score
I wrote on a thread in miscarriage & loss yesterday as after experiencing severe cramps and shooting pains on Thursday night (as well as some pink spotting with bowel movements), I'm convinced that's what's happened. The doctor has just requested that I continue with my progesterone tablets (upped the dose) and wait until Tuesday for my planned scan to come in. I was spotting before I even discovered I was pregnant.

All spotting has now stopped but still getting twinges and odd pain. However i have noticed that my stomach starts cramping after i eat. I am also suffering from diahrrea. Not sure if this is being caused by all the progesterone I am taking. Is this possible? I have been quite careful about what I eat. Or could it be just another symptom of an impending miscarriage.

I don't know whether to think the bad pains on Thursday were just really bad stomach issues or in fact related to the pregnancy (I'm 6 weeks). Does that seem likely?

I don't really know but didn't want to r&r.

I've had a dodgy tummy at a few points so far and I know lots of people get spotting and everything is often fine. Keeping my fx for you xxx

It doesn't sound like a MC to me. I'd imagine it's bad guts. I don't know a lot about progesterone but maybe this is a side effect of taking the tablets? Sorry your Dr isn't being very supportive. I hope you get good news on Tuesday x

Hope it's good news for u, rest and take care xx

Thank you for all the re-assuring comments, it means a lot.

I got my HCG bloods back from Thursday (before the cramping) and they had only risen from 7000 to 9000 in 48 hours. I don't think it's looking good. I'm still in pain (although slightly re-assured that a sac was seen on the US) but have been told to continue with the progesterone and come for the scan on Tuesday as planned.

I'm a wreck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back