Bad snoring!

Blueflower

Reaction score
My snoring has got really bad in the 3rd Trimester apparently! DH used to be the snorer but he got a special pillow and nose strips and has been much better but I didn't really snore much.

Its recently got so bad I've been waking myself up with massive snorts and apparently it's constant from about 3.30/4am onwards, this week DH has been moving to the spare room! I tried nose strips but was then making noises from my throat instead! It must be to do with the pregnancy, maybe the extra weight? Sounds horrendous, feel like a warthog! Any tips?

Lol! It could be extra weight or are you feeling a bit congested? This trimester I've felt on the verge of a cold quite a bit in terms of a pretty blocked nose and a bit of throat ache. I think they say you get hay fever type symptoms more commonly in pregnancy which could lead to more snoring. Apparently I've been snoring a bit too xx

Def could be congestion! Could try vaporub on soles of your feet if it is congestion to see if that helps? Xx

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

On your feet?? Lol not heard of that one before!

Yes I'm on my 2nd cold in 3 weeks which is unusual, usually don't get more than 1 a year!
Will dig out the vapour rub! On my feet?!!

Yeah it helps me loads on the sole of my feet. I do it with lavender oil too..theory is that things absorb through your skin quicker if put on soles of feet. Seems to work for me :).

Aw it will be your immune system being lower because of pregnancy! Xx

On the feet works a treat! I do it with my 4 year old and it helps loads.

However Im not a snorer but when i get into my 3rd tri then omg I sound like a hurricaine. Its just all the extra pressure on your organs. it lasts a bit more after the birth and then it goes. It's embarassing but if im snoring then im sleeping well and my husband values his life more than to wake me so also goes into the spare room if its too much.
Also I found as newborns my babies slept so well when I snored!

Last edited:
Well I never lol. I got a cold just before labour the mw told me it was common how bloody annoying hey you know that you need when about to sneeze a (or 2) watermelon/s out your fun zone? A bloody cold lol

Oh god would be horrid to have a cold for labour! Xx

To be honest I didn't notice it sort of cleared up coz it had to I think.plus the birthing pool was that hot and the day was so cold (4th dec) it was like I was in a sauna! Which obv clears everything breathing wise

Last edited:
Oooh that sounds so nice! I really want a water birth but trying to get my head around not having one in case I am induced. Our hospital is soooo boiling though! Everytime in triage I have been dripping lol. How people labour in there I have no idea but I would be fancying a cold bath haha xxx

You can go in the pool for a bit if you are induced. They said I can go in for early labour then come out for monitoring when they are nearly out.

That's pretty much what happened with me and I wasn't induced. Right before my son was born I felt the pool was starting to boil me and he was born on the steps on the pool lol. I think I had to get out to be monitored a few times but can't really remember x

Oooh that's good! Is that if pessary works then as I know sometimes you have to be hooked up on pitocin drip to induce, not sure how long you stay on that for? But that's good about pool, really want to try use that as pain relief! Xx

Yes Millielaura, hospital here is sooo hot too! I like the window in my room open all night even through winter because I can't stand a stuffy, hot room, so I'm not looking forward to a potential/likely stay in hospital when twins are born!

I'm in Tri 2 and have gone from no snoring to sounding like a walrus! Its payback time! :)

I just snorted whilst wide awake! Was getting dressed after a swim, breathed in and it was like a massive snore!!

Lol!!! I keep waking myself up by snorting you know when your just about to drop off ill snore really loud and wake myself up lol. Hubby says I keep randomly laughing in my sleep but really sarcastically too.

Last edited:
Lol!!! I keep waking myself up by snorting you know when your just about to drop off ill snore really loud and wake myself up lol. Hubby says I keep randomly laughing in my sleep but really sarcastically too.
I keep doing that snorting thing haha xx

Lol its really embarrassing coz your aware of it and hope no one noticed.... but it's blatantly obviously they did lol. So then I giggle to myself. Trouble is my little giggle often turns into a full blown laughing fit lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back