Bad rib pain!

MariaIsabella

Reaction score
The last couple of days i have had bad rib pain on the left hand side. I haven't felt any kicks there so not sure thats the reason.. Read it can happen when the uterus grows and press against the ribs and after 36 weeks it should ease since baby drops.

Well, i am almost 37 weeks and struggle to sleep and if i cough or sneeze its really painful! I cant even imagine the pain if i went into labor and had to push!!! Don't care about the pain now but really don't need it during labor as well.

Has anyone had it and does it go away towards the end? Xx

This is completely normal, the baby will drop significantly before you have to push so don't worry about that. I think what I can feel near my ribs is baby backside lol, I have this pain also and sneezing really hurts!

I wouldn't be too worried, just try and relax when you can and unwind, don't stress too much about these things xx

Thanks! I wont stress and good to hear its normal.

I have felt so good up until lately so a little disappointed I am feeling a little less mobile now! Have sharp stabbing pains low belly ( head pushing against cervix I think ) and the rib thing!!

Anyhow, will stop complaining now ;) xx

Sounds to me like baby is making their way down in prep. Exciting time! Xx

Hope she is but the rib pain makes me think she is still high up.

the cervix pain is quite paralyzing though and struggle walking. Its like I can feel the head pushing down there! xx

Yeah I can relate to that, it is frustrating that suddenly it is so hard to be normally mobile, I am half crippled at the end of a working day and I also feel strange pressure down there, it is exciting though because hopefully that means that baby is head down ready to shoot lol!

xx

Ready to shoot :rofl:
It could be where baby stretches. I feel pain under my ribs but I can imagine it being where baby is having a good old stretch out then it goes again. Could it be baby has maybe bruised you a little from the kicking? Can that happen? Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back