Bad day yesterday

Rosieroo

Reaction score
Ella fed every hour to 2 hours and slept for an hour total from 10.30 til Midnight. She went 3.5 hours between feeds last night and has fed twice since 7.20am.

I'm so tired, upset and fed up of feeding :(

I feel pretty s*it today too honey!!
Phoebe was sleeping from 7pm - 7am but the last 4 nights she has been waking between 3 and 4am and just whinging and moaning until 7am when she starts proper moaning for her feed.
I know most people would love my routine but I'm used to 8hrs sleep now!!! And I'm getting about 5hrs now :(
Also seem to have spent most of this morning on the loo or feeling sick. Hope it doesn't develop into anything :?

aww ((((((((hugs))))))))))

sorry you both feel down :(

rosie, Coby was the same when i breast fed him, he didnt get in to any kind of routine at all, he was feed every hour, half our, 2 hours, it wore me out so much and my boobs hurt like hell.

Since i put him on formula he has settled so well, feeds every 4 hours i the day and goes 5 hours in the night.
i know i wil prob get shouted at for saying this but have you thought about trying Ella on formula? you have done so well feeding for over a month, maybe its time to give yourself a break?

xxx

Hi Rosieroo and Beanie....
Sounds like it's just a wee blip! Oscar has also been in a fairly good routine, but from time to time, he adopts other ideas!!!! The last week he was feeding 24/7 anf I mean like CONSTANTLY!!!!! I was knackered, but we're back to normal again. I suspect it was a growth spurt. All I could do was sleep when he slept. During day snd night, when I was so tired, I would just plug him in beside me and he chomped and dozed while I snoozed.
I'm finding that BF is getting easier now - I continue to feed him whenever he wants. He only wakes once during the night for a brief feed. HV recons that it's possibly because I demand feed during the day. So don't give up. They have to keep us on our toes!!!!!

Beanie, personally, I would feed Seren. Maybe she just needs a brief top up. She'll probably go back to sleep after!!

Good luck!
Emilia xx

SORRY....... What a nit!!!!!!
See... that's what sleepless nights do to me!!! :shock: :D

My apologies to Beanie - which should have been Bubbleone
My apologies to Seren - which should have been Phoebe
Right???? :? :lol:

The forum login keeps on asking me to LOG IN whenever I try to reply to posts or edit my own, hence I couldn't edit my post above! :roll:
Emilia xx

LOL Emilia, you had me wondering what I had done there, I was looking for my post and thinking has my computor hidden it from me. Slepp deprivation is a nightmare, I used to be clever you know xxx :D

(((Hugs))) Rosie, Seren has been all over the place to, last night she wouldn't go to sleep before one but slept till half seven yet the night before she was up every two hours, no pattern to her sleep at all. Hope Ella settles again soon x

hey girls...

a friend of mine who has two kids says that when they are this small, the routines they get into never last that long!

Like Naomi was sleeping and we would wake her to feed every four hours day and night, but we were trying to get a little more into her at the late night feed and she would go for seven hours at night most nights...which for a little one is very good!

But when the paediatrician said that we should go to feeding on demand she just went haywire. She would feed her usual amount, sleep 7 hours, want the same amount which of course would only do her for four, wake screaming after three hours or maybe even two wanting more. I have decided to go back to what we were doing before the paediatrician told us to feed on demand because I feel that she is not getting enough this way.

Of course when she goes seven hours during the night she needs more during the day to make up for it, but if we can get her into a routine again I'll be a bit happier.

Sue

Well she's gotten better, the 'awake all day and eating' stage has passed. She slept from 8.30pm tl 3am, then woke again at 5.30am.

Hoping tonight goes better as she's fed well since 3pm.

Who knows, it's all down to Ella!!

Fingers crossed that the babies are good to us tonight lol

Hi there,

There is a new topic relating to this problem here ...

Also, I have renamed the 'Helpful Information to Get You Started' forum to 'Getting Started & Technical Support' - I will be posting information relating to any current issues in here, and if you have any problems then please report them in here also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back