Bad day yesterday....hoping for a better day today!!

Nomad

Reaction score
I woke up yesterday morning feeling poorly and gradually felt worse over the next few hours. I was concerned that bubs hadn't been as active as usual the night before and still wasn't moving much in the morning so I called the antenatal assessment clinic and was told to go in. Baby's hb was absolutely fine and they put my other symptoms (feeling sick and horrible crampy pains) down to having a bug and told me to go home, get some sleep and drink plenty of water.

I hardly ate anything all day as I felt so sick I was convinced it wouldn't stay down and I just didn't have any appetite anyway (which really isn't like me!!). Slept on and off all day and banished OH to the spare room last night so I could try and get some sleep. Had a terrible night's sleep and the crampy pains got quite a lot worse - was slighly concerned they were contractions at one point! :shock:

Anyway, I seem to be a bit better this morning (touch wood!) which is just as well because I've got an exam this afternoon! I'd convinced myself that I wasn't going to be well enough to sit it but I do feel a bit more human and have managed to have breakfast. It's not so much the three hour exam that concerns me, it's in London and I'm going down on the train and it's two hours each way....not sure it's really the best idea to be so far from home when I'm not feeling too good....I'm feeling really underprepared for it as well, not being able to do any revision at all yesterday has knocked my confidence - I know it's only one day but the last day before the exam is all about cramming for me!!

My mum is picking me up at 10.30 to take me to the station, so I can change my mind any time up to getting on the train I suppose!! I'll be really gutted if I can't sit the exam as I won't get another chance until January and I really don't want to be revising over baby's first Christmas! Having said that, obviously if I'm not well then I'm not well and I need to make sure baby takes priority.....

Sorry for the long, slightly pointless thread....just feeling frustrated and don't really know what to do for the best!!

Hi hun, sorry you're feeling rubbish! Did u do the exam? Hope it went ok if u did! Xxx

Did it! Felt pretty ropey right up to the exam starting but just got on with it and I reckon it went ok :)

Such a relief and can now forget about it and concentrate on all the baby related things I've been dying to do! Results are due the day before my due date!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back