bad bad mummy :(

Nicnax

Reaction score
Feeling like a lousy mummy tonight- hubby came home from work so I put my feet up to read my kindle. I saw him put Molly on the sofa, closer to the edge than I would have done, as she is quite a mobile roller now. I bit my tongue and didn't say anything, so as not to undermine him. Of course, she rolled off the sofa, and caught her head on the coffee table. I saw her going, and half caught her, but she still caught her head, and there's a lump. She screamed so much. I rang the doctor, and they didn't seem concerned- they just said to keep an eye on her. She is fine, giggling away before bed, but I feel horrible. I keep checking on her! Not sure I will sleep much tonight. :(

OHs response when I tell him any kind if thing like that? "Well, he'll learn not to do it again". (He is kidding, he worries just as much as me).

He's kinda got a point though... They have to learn somehow, they gotta start doing all these things to become aware of their bodies...

I don't think it's a bad mummy moment, more an oopsie-daisy-baby moment. Xx

Awe hun. We have all done it and them that havent will one day face the inevitable. Daisy Grace has fallen more times than I care to think of. Makes me feel sick but shes just so bloody active I cant catch her. She has even attempted to get out of the bath. Tie her into anything and she has a major shit fit of the highest kind. Its a nightmare. You cant take your eyes from them for even a second.

Try not to worry. They are resilient little things. And also-wish my child would learn. Shes leapt of sofas and out of my hands and ive caught her but still she does it. Dare devil child.

tapatalking

Ah hun, I can honestly say it's happened to us all, I remember Max rolling off the sofa and I cried more than he did, I felt awful. Like someone else said they really are resilient and once they get more mobile they seem to fall continually. We've recently taught Max to turn around and slide off things backwards as he's such a climber and he seems to have cottoned on but it took a far few tumbles first. Sending a big hug xxx

Hope they're ok! Well if your LO hasn't learnt not to do it again, hopefully your OH will have learnt his lesson. I bite my tongue now with OH and letting him see I say these things for a reason. So when LO is screaming his head off at 8pm and won't go to bed for OH, he knows that next time he'll do things my way.

Thanks ladies, for the reassurance. She is absolutely fine- it was such a shock, as I saw it happen. Like you say, I think it upset me mire than her! My sister-in-law was only saying the other day that we'd done well to get to 6 months without her falling off anything!! :S

My eldest rolled of my bed once and fell out his pram :/ I full expect H to have a bump or fall, no matter how much we try to prevent it babies always find a way to launch themselves across the room! Lol

H is currently wriggling toward the edge of the sofa as we speak haha

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back