Bad back after pregnancy

TundraOwl

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Didn't suffer too much with a bad back during pregnancy but since she's been born it's been really sore and I have no idea why. Strangely it is worse if I lie flat, so it's hard to sleep at night, as well as feeding her so I'm knackered! It feels like a trapped nerve or something, is it possible it happened during labour as she was back to back, is this even possible?? It's the only thing I can think of, got a HV coming next week so if it's still the same I'm going to mention it to her. Anyone any ideas in the mean time?

Which part of your back? My middle/upper back is really sore and same - worse when I lie flat. So sore when I get up to feed in the middle of the night and in the morning that I have to take a minute to kind of warm up. It's back to normal within 5 mins of getting up. Very weird. Does yours sound the same?

Mine is right where i had the epidural and i can't bend over for a long amount of time (ie if LO is in bath). I had shooting pains down my legs too at the beginning. I told the Dr. about it and she said, well maybe when you've shifted some of the baby weight it'll get better!!!!

Mine is right where i had the epidural and i can't bend over for a long amount of time (ie if LO is in bath). I had shooting pains down my legs too at the beginning. I told the Dr. about it and she said, well maybe when you've shifted some of the baby weight it'll get better!!!!

Really?! How rude and unhelpful!

Aww bless, that's not very helpful of the doc is it! My pain is in my lower back, right in the small of it, really sore, but it also kinda spreads up my back when I lie flat, it was agony last night :( think I might ring the docs tomorrow, need to make an appointment as I think I've caught madams thrush :( which means drugs for me and more drugs for her, booooo :(

i posed about this the other day, my LO is 5 months old now and the labour was back to back. . .and mines still really bad, so i went and saw the Dr he's referred me to physiotherapy and i'm also having a blood test as i also have a small hump just above my shoulders which was never there before the birth, personally if you can I'd suggest forgetting booking an appointment at the Dr's and booking one with a chiropractor! as i was told the referral will take up to 12 weeks, so i'm going to have the blood test and if it comes back fine i'm going to see a chiropractor! hope you all feel better soon x

Jack is 7 months on Friday and was also back to back (but turned himself during labour) and my back still plays up! It's fine during the day unless I bend for a short amount of time like if I change Jack on the sofa meaning I have to bend over him. It also hurts to lie flat but I sleep on my side so that doesn't bother me too much. I'm thinking maybe my backs out of alignment? Or am I talking rubbish?! x

Jack is 7 months on Friday and was also back to back (but turned himself during labour) and my back still plays up! It's fine during the day unless I bend for a short amount of time like if I change Jack on the sofa meaning I have to bend over him. It also hurts to lie flat but I sleep on my side so that doesn't bother me too much. I'm thinking maybe my backs out of alignment? Or am I talking rubbish?! x

my mum said it sounds like an alignment issue when i told her about mine . . . she mentioned it to her chiropractor and she's said her personal opinion is all women should see a chiropractor within a month of birth :shock:

after being told i'd have to wait up to 12 weeks for an appointment with the physio they called yesterday :) i have an appointment tomorrow :) i'll let you all know how it goes and what they say! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back