backache

sarafet

Reaction score
i have such painful backache, i get it every couple of days, it's usually worse in the evenings and i keep needing to change position when i'm sitting bc it's so painful :(

anyone any tips or advice on how to ease it? it's not the pain that's so bad, just the constant discomfort :wall:

also, still no sign of a bump :roll: i know babies there bc i can hear his little heart beating away, he still seems really far down though i think? when did everyone else get their bumps? all my family keep looking at me strange when i say i'm 4 months now, i want to LOOK pregnant now :lol:

I can't remember when my bump appeared, it crept up on me so slowly I didn't really notice it. It was well into second tri though.
I don't know what to suggest for the backaches except a warm bath and paracetamol.
I hope they ease soon, it's not something that's really affected me, I tend to get pain in my hips.

thanks hun, it's gradually getting worse :cry:

i've got a hot water bottle on it which is easing the pain, but it's still agony.

do you know how much and what dose of paracetemol is safe to take? i don't want to take it, but think i'll have to :(

I think a 2 tablets every 4 hours is the maximum. If it continues I would contact your midwife if I were you :hug: :hug: :hug:

i get a really bad back sometimes and i either sit on my bean bag or i get into bed it feels so good :)

Re your bump, I didn't have anything I could call a bump till almost 19 weeks. And when I went to see my MW she measured me and said I was exactly where I should be size wise. So I think its normal :) Also a Doc told me that with first babies many women tend not to get so big as they do with later ones.

Its only really now I am starting to see a bump that is noticeable and I'm 21 weeks plus.

With my first I was in my normal size 8 clothes the whole way through!! I worked right up until 3 weeks before I had her and no-one (unless I told them) could guess I was pregnant!! and with my second the bump wasn't much bigger - they were both girls

This time round I am in maternity clothes and i'm only 23 weeks but look the same as when I was full term with my second!! This one is a boy so hopefully this explains why it is bigger this time!!!

thanks for your replies girlies :hug:

my backs still agony today, mum's bringing me round a heat pad.

i should have had my 16wk mw appointment today but she cancelled it and it's not for another 2 wks now :wall:

i was wondering about the bump bc i assumed most backache would be bc of a big bump, but it can't be that bc i have nothing :roll: unless it's my boobs, which i wouldn't be surprised at :rotfl:

About the backache... I had really bad pains between 14-18 weeks. I'd be doing nothing, just sitting on the sofa and I'd get a shooting pain all up my spine and have to change position. MW said not to worry about it. I also would wake with really bad back ache while in bed, from just lying in whatever position. It was bloody painful. MW said same as the sitting backache, these pains happen to some women, its your body adjusting and so on. Stretching to fit everything as the pregnancy goes on. Maybe a nerve is getting squished or something.

Re the heat pad, I've no idea how hot they get so maybe be careful its not too hot for too long on you in one position on your lower back area? As I understand it, its a bit like overly hot baths etc, for babies in tummy.

I have an electric blanket I'd love to use but as I like it rather hot I haven't turned it on this year. I didn't want to bring my body temp up nor have a concentrated increase around one area where baby is. Maybe thats just me being over cautious, but it was just something I was made aware of in my reading :) Although it did say things like saunas were considered worse as they kept body temp high whereas baths cool down fairly quickly. Still I stopped the hot baths also as a precaution. I do miss 'em :roll:

i had no bump until a couple of days ago and its just appeared over night, in some clothes i still dont look pregnant though :?

as for the back ache i get this a lot, im dreading what it will be like further on!!!

ive got the most hurrendous back ache ever and find it hard to sit down or get comfy , ,have found out boy is laying back to back but i shouldnt think at your stage that would affect u too much as babe still moving round loads .

i been using some heat , does help a lil but dont have it on for long. i was also given strong pain killers but only take them if really nes.

otherwise ive found laying on the floor helps lol but be sure dont get stuck !

im seeing an osteo for mine as his treatign the spd too !

If it's low down it might not be back pain - apparently what I thought was back pain is actually my pelvis. I'm lucky though as I only have t in one side. Towards the end of the working day it's really bad though. Resting lots helps - the less I do the better I feel. I even had a few pain free days over Christmas as I didn't even leave the house :D
Your ligaments are loosening because of the pregnancy so you don't need a bump to acquire pains! :(

I've been getting horrible back pain. It's nasty stuff but there seems to be little to do about it! Def mention it to the midwife when you get to see her!

My bump appeared overnight last week. I'm sure it wasn't there last Saturday yet Sunday i was noticeably pregnant and couldn't do my jeans up!

Also woke up last Sunday to a proper kick from the babby, more than just a tickle!!

It'll all happen in it's own time :)

Hope u are feeling better now

I find I can't stand to do things for as long as I used to - my back starts getting really sore

As for the bump issuse - mine has slowly been appearing but unless u see me in my pjs then u wouldn't know tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back