BACKACHE

Stacyt

Reaction score
Hi,
I am 26 weeks and am suffering from backaches. I have bad posture anyway but does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on how I can make them go away or even prevent them?
sx

Nop, sorry!!!!!! I would love to know myself!!!

I have had a bad back for 4 years, so I knew it was going to come, but It has got really, really, really bad, esp. since last week! I see a physio regularly and they have given me a "brace" for my bump, to support it, and it is suppose to help. Maybe you could try something similar, a nice scarf, or fabric, tightened at the level of your hips. Otherwise, hot bath and hot water bottle and paracetamol were the advice given to me...not great, I know!
I have some tiger balm as well, but I am not sure it is safe during pregnancy!
I'll try to find out!
sorry, I can't help much, but I sympathise, REALLY!
send you a nice massage :)
Mel xx

Have you tried a support belt or belly bra?

I am going to invest in one of these soon I think.

You can get them from www.motherbliss.co.uk or you can find cheaper ones on ebay sometimes.

They both lift the weight of the bump upwards and take the pressure off your spine.

let me know how you get on, as I haven't even tried one yet, but am planning on it

I too suffer with aching lower back, and shoulders. It comes from my years of running real ale pubs and pulling all those pints, plus bad posture. I always used something like Deep Heat, until my friend went to Thailand and bought me back a lifetimes supply of Tiger Balm. I went to lend it to my friend at work who is pg, but unfortunately, the part of the leaflet that is in English says 'not suitable for use during pregnancy'.

I'm sorry Melhoney as I know only too well how good this stuff is, but along with everything else, it can't be used while you are pg. :(

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

oh well, I have done without it so far, so will survive hopefully!

A support belt! that's what I have been given! it feels strange at the beginning, but is getting better actually!
yesterday, my whole back was aching, because probably it forced it to be in a certain posture, but today, it's much better, and even if I still have the pain in the lower back, I can feel a slight improvement!! just need to be patient, now! I work in a school, and thought! GREAT, all the kids are gonna laugh at me, and actually, no!! :?
They have become so much more understanding since they know I am pregnant, it's so cute!!!!!
Bless these little monsters! :)

I'll keep you posted on my backpain progress, but a support belt might the way forward!

lots of love and massage!
Mel xx

I've been getting really bad backache too and it is horribe, I like the sound of those support belts, I think I might have to get one of those soon.

Hi girls...

I haven't had any bad backaches recently but towards 16 and 17 weeks they were pretty bad alright...I didn't think we were allowed paracetamol, so I would moan a bit, put my feet up on a footstool and sit in our recliner with a fairly hot hot-water-bottle behind me. It helps! Now though, I find more pain and discomfort in my lower belly when I stand for too long...that and my feet swell, now!

Sue

My physio gave me a support belt/maternity belt.

John lewis stock them - they are pricey for what they are though. I luckily got mine for a fiver from physio but shops sell them for about £13 upwards.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back