Backache is it normal

Sarahe

Reaction score
Hi

I have suffered on and off with backache since finding out I am PG usually if I have done to much.

but the last week it has been continuous, if I stand for a long period, walking, sitting and turning side to side in bed.

is this normal, I am due to see my midwife tomorrow and ask her but thought I would see if anyone else is experiencing it.

The pain tends to be the base of my spine on the rump before bum (if that sounds right) mainly on the right. :cry:

Sarah

I can really relate to your backache, i too am 17wks 4days and am suffering from backpain almost everyday. I don't know if it has anything to do with being pregnant or my job, as it involves sitting for the majority of the day. Not due to see my midwife for another 3wks, think i will have to bring it up then, as the aching is really starting to get to me. Mine is at the base of my back but on the left side, it is almost a constant throbbing which makes it feel worse as changing position doesn't seem to help.

Hope everything goes well at the docs hun, you can maybe let me know how you get on and what docs advice is.

Take care
Natalie xxxxxxxx

Hi Nat,

I saw the midwife today and she advised that it was ligament pains and I explained that I also sit all day and she said I shouldnt turn in my chair at the waist but rather move my legs to turn.

She advised holding my stomach muscles in when walking as it would support the back and use 2/3 pillows between my legs to lift my legs in line with my back when sleeping.

That is all she could advise at this time and that it was normal to get some back pain.

Hope this helps, I am going to try the pillows tonight as last night was a nightmare trying the sleep with the pain.

Sarah

Hi Ladies,

I have been getting terrible back and rib pain since around 20 weeks, i found the only thing to dull the pain was a relaxing bath and my TENS machine (cant be used on the abdomen) i would really reccommend buying or hiring one of these. It has been great for the pain and I intend on using it for labour too!

hope that helps xxxx

Hi Jesskia,

I didnt realise I could use that to relieve the pain.

I will have a look at them, and gie it a go, at the mo I am learning to bend and turn without using my waist, which is helping. :?

Sarah

x

Thanks mum2bihope, will definately try that out tonight, hope it works for you.

Natalie xxxx

Wait til you get to 30+ weeks and severly front heavy, agony. OH is up during the night rubbing it for me. Can't even get comfy in bed no matter what I try. You have to be careful as sciatica is a common condition in pregnancy and often you need to go to physiotherapy. The joys :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back