Back to work

hels

Reaction score
Hi!
Well m gutted, we can no longer afford for me to be off on maternity, so tommorrow i am going back to work 2 days per week. Simon will be at home with Charlie, so he's excited!
I am really dreading it, and cant stand the thought of not being there to comfort her when she cries, but its essential i go back, as mine was the main wage. Atleast Charlie gets to spend time wth daddy.
I will be expressing milk at work, and ill still feed her when im at home. She cant have formula it makes her sick, so i hope my milk stays and we have no probs.

Hels, how long have you had off on maternity, what job do you do??

I have been off sice 14th Jan.
Im a nurse Yvonne, and im now on the stat mat £106 pw
Im going to do light duties cos i had a section, and cant have patient contact, as i work with highly challenging patients.

oooh i bet this is going to be hard for you.

Well i hope everything goes ok for you hels, you haven't been off long, make sure you take it easy :D :D

Thanks Yvonne...think it'll end in tears!!!!! LOL.
OH is fab with Charlotte, so i know she's safe and happy....it'll just be me!

dont nurses get longer paid maternity leave? working for bt i get 6months fullpay then 6months about £100 a week some one told me its the same if you work for the nhs???

take it its not then :(

it is Dionne, but i work in private sector not nhs unfortunatly!
gutted. thanks Sarah!

oh, gutted... hope u manage ok ((hugs))

me my mum and my aunt work in a care home, my mum a nurse/ manager/ my aunt carer/ me a carer /domestic, someone we work with had twins 2 months before i had B and she was back to work a week after i had B couldnt afford not to go back as her OH is disabled

Well...it didnt go too bad....i only cried the whole way there in the car!
Simon had a great day with Charlotte, and i came home to an immaculate home. bless them, guess it was only me that was upset.......im not needed!!!!!!!!!

I bet your OH was sweating all day without you there (not that any man would admit they couldn't manage!!) :lol:
I bet Charlotte missed you loads too.

She was good as gold and slept most of the day, so he now thinks i have it easy at home lol!!! Id never admit that i do!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back