Back to back?

Nomad

Reaction score
Hi ladies. I had my 34 week midwife appointment this morning. My midwife is lovely but I don't have a massive amount of confidence in her... Today she has told me that she thinks baby might be "a bit back-to-back". She also said that baby's bum is sticking out just under my ribcage (which it definitely is!). Am I being a bit thick here...? How can baby be back-to-back if it's bum is facing outwards? Surely that means baby is facing my back? :shock:

I had a growth scan 10 days ago and baby was in the correct position then - bum in my ribs and facing my back - and I'm pretty certain he/she is still there...!

She has said that she will check again at my 36 week appointment and will send me for another scan if she's still not sure. I'm not especially worried though as I think she's wrong - just don't like to question the professionals!

If she said a bit back to back could it mean on its side?! Does sound od'd. I wouldn't worry as head down is the important bit, they usually turn ready when they fully engage xx

It could still be crouched over with its bum on view I suppose. I think at this stage they aren't really bothered, mine told me last week the baby was breech but when my mum had a feel she said it was definitely head down - baby obviously has a really hard bum!!

Does sound odd. Reading up, there are lots of positions you can do to help baby get in the right position - google it, I think there are loads online.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back