back-to-back birth?

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by BKR123, Jul 23, 2013.

1. BKR123

BKR123 Well-Known Member

I wa just wondering if anyone else's little one is back to back? I'm a bit worried about the birth of mine because I've heard back-to-back can be exceptionally painful :/ I'm already in a lot of pain, unable to breathe, back pain, stabbing pains in stomach, can this all be because she's led against my back? Does anyone know of back-to-back births usually result in a section? I don't really want one at all, but I wanna be prepared when I go in rather than having it sprung on me half way through!!x

2. katieelisexo

katieelisexo Well-Known Member

My baby turned to back to back during my labour but turned himself the right way for delivery!

My contractions were horrendous, I won't lie. But I managed to get to 7cm by myself at home.

I then had the epidural and everything was lovely lol

Its painful but do able xxx

3. k8_005

k8_005 Well-Known Member

Hugs have you tried all the on all fours tricks etc to try and turn baby? Thinj others have said spinning babies website has lots of tips too xx

4. l_maclean

l_maclean Well-Known Member

MW said my DD was back to back. And I would've said it wasn't too bad. I had false labour for a few days (contractions stopping and starting) But when it got going it was really fast. Whole thing felt like I needed to poop, and I had to get out birth pool at 4cm cos I couldn't 'not push' so needed morphine to slow contractions.

Butkus active labour was less than 3 hours.

Xxx

5. linxminx21

linxminx21 Well-Known Member

i had a back to back labour with my second i mnagaed on just gna and nothing else she turned as i was about to push. wasnt any longer but it did hurt... labour does hurt.

6. Constantstar

Constantstar Well-Known Member

My back to back labour was hard and did end in an emergency c section but that might have been a one off I dunno! X

mummy to ds 11/7/11
    pregnant *team pink* due 12/9/13

7. mummy2b19

mummy2b19 Well-Known Member

my back to back also ended in emergency section but i got stuck at 9 cm xx

8. Haylian

Haylian Well-Known Member

I know a few women who went into labour back to back 2 were fine and baby turned and 2 had c sections. My sister was back to back and only turned half way during labour so my mum needed forceps to help but no c section x

9. BKR123

BKR123 Well-Known Member

Thanks every one :) xx

10. wifeywifey

wifeywifey Well-Known Member

I had two back to backs first I had an episiotomy and gas and air with my second he turned just as I was 10 cm only had gas and air. I found keeping moving and leaning forward the best way to cope I was in agony laid down.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

11. BevG

BevG Well-Known Member

my DD was back to back and almost 11lb and it wasnt that bad, i just had gas and they gave me an episiotomy and i pushed her out, it only hurt more when i lay down so id advise walking or being active as much as possible, i spent most of my labour on my ball bouncing or walking until i was 9cm

12. BKR123

BKR123 Well-Known Member

Thanks! I have been starting to get quite worried about it, because I was kinda hoping she would have turned herself round by now, and because she hasn't I'm dreading a terrible birth!xx

13. Mommyto3

Mommyto3 Well-Known Member

I delivered a back to back baby at 10lb with hardly a problem on just gas and air. Each labour and woman is different. Good luck. X

14. LynseyM

LynseyM Well-Known Member

both my babies were back to back...first time had epidural and was fulluly dilated by 8pm but did not deliver u til 1.30am ended in kiwi and my daughter was back to back and just had gas n air n was only pushing for about 30mins...she came out back to back...it was sore but just what i imagine labour would be like xx

15. tilly16

tilly16 Well-Known Member

My labour was part back to back as George was laid on his side. It's my first so don't have anything to compare it to but all I found was that my contractions were in my back until he turned and they were then in my front. I managed to get to 5cms at home on my own and then had gas and air and pethadine xxx

16. Mrs N

Mrs N Well-Known Member

I had my son naturally and he was back to back, the contractions felt like a massive urge to poo! Lol!
    Xxx