back pains, back spasms help

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by mariemari, Jun 4, 2013.

1. mariemari

mariemari New Member

Hi everyone,
    For the last 3 days, I have been having extreme bad lower back pains. It starts on my left side going to my tummy. It last for maybe 4 or 5 minutes. The first time it happened, I had to get on my knees and hope for it to stop. It made me feel like I was going to vomit. I was shecking like mad, trying to control my breathing.
    It happened a few minutes later, I got so scared. It is now happening about 3 to 4 times a day.
    The first time it happened I called the midwife, she said I am having back spasms because the baby, uterus is getting bigger.
    I have noticed that it always starts witout any warning. Like this morning, I was brushing my hair, and I felt this sharp pain. I have notice that it makes me want to wee and if I dont (try to) rush to the toilet, it gets worse. It is so hard to walk to reach the toilet, but I have to or I kinda pee myself. Sorry for the details but I got to try to be precised so someone might help me.
    This is my first baby, first pregancy and I first thought I was having contractions.
    I have had my 32 weeks scan and baby is perfectly fine.
    So could it be that I having a kidney infection? Or is this really back spasms I am experiencing?
    Thanks to anyone sharing their experience or giving any advise.

2. Lettie

Lettie Well-Known Member

I don't really have any advice but it might be worth them.checking your urine to see whether you have an infection. Other than that baby could just be lying awkwardly and compressing a nerve. I sometimes get a shooting pain accross my right buttock and my leg goes completely weak which is a bit scary as I was worries I'd fall. Or else maybe is Braxton hicks you are just feeling them painfully in your back. Sorry to not have any suggestions but I hope baby moves for you and eases your discomfort x