Back Pain and Brown Spotting

GEH

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this board so hope I'm posting in the right place.

I hoped you could help me work out if this is normal and share if you've had similar experiences, or if I'm headed for another miscarriage (I've had three in 11 months)

I'm 5weeks 6 days and for the past three days I've been having quite constant dull lower back pain. It's not agonising but definitely strong pain. It seems to be worse when I'm relaxed - sat or lying down. This morning I had some very light brown stained discharge with one tiny pin head size dot of bright red, nothing more.

Has anyone had back ache so early and everything ok?

EPU just said wait it out. Not due for another scan until Friday. The first one last Monday showed a sac and yolk but they were concerned it was implanted 'lower than they'd like'.

Thanks in advance

No advice but dint want to read and run good luck for fri x

I'm sorry for what you've been through and I'm sorry you have no answers yet. I'm sure Friday seems like a lifetime away.
I have no advice either but I didn't like to read and run. I wish u all the best for Friday.
If it continues tomorrow, I'd phone EPU again and tell them u need a scan xx

Tapatalking from my blackberry!

I had terrible back pain weeks 5-7 and had brown discharge week 6. Had early scan at epu as on same day had abdominal pain. All good in first scan then today had 2nd scan at 11w 5 days and all was good. If you have abdominal pain I would get checked out by dr.

Thank you so much for your replies and kind words.

Willow76 - I'm so pleased everything is progressing well for you and you had a similar experience. Gives me some hope!

The pain has actually eased off a bit today so have my fingers firmly crossed for Friday x

Period type pains for me have been constant. I had a bleed on Saturday and Sunday that has now stopped. Scan on Monday showed a healthy heart beating away though, so keep calm and relaxed and think MAJOR positive thoughts x

I had awful back pain in this pregnancy really bad. They probably aren't scanning you until Friday so there's more chance of seeing a heartbeat xx hope the pain stops & your scan goes ok xx

Fingers crossed for good news for you on Friday GEH x

Hi, just to let you know I had my scan yesterday and all was well - I was absolutely shocked and more than prepared for the worst. After the awful backache and four days of spotting I was absolutely sure it could only be bad news. We saw the heartbeating 'very fast and healthy' and the sonographer said she couldn't see anything of concern. She even said it wasn't implanted low at all as the first scan had indicated.

Obviously not out of the woods as still only 6.5 week but after three miscarriages (non got this far) in the last year I'm feeling more hopeful (although still manically googling things and reading odds don't change before 8 weeks even after you see HB - SIGH!!).

Thanks again for your kind comments last week x

Oh that's fantastic so glad everything went well. I know it's hard but think positive I'm 17 weeks pregnant after 2 miscarriages xxx

I'm glad all was good at you scan. I had my eyes shut and was waiting for bad news at my early scan until the midwife said she could see the heart beat. Wishing you a happy healthy pregnancy. X

Only just seen this, so pleased your scan went well! Pregnancy is such a scary time! Our babies have no idea what they do to us!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back