Back! No bfp to report though :(

dollybop

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
Had a few months off of the site as it was getting a little too much for me & I wanted to try a more relaxed approach to ttc..but no such luck :(
Think i've lost track of what # cycle i'm on now:oooo:
Nice to see a lot of people have got their bfps though :)
I'm 4 days away from AF & have been doing the clearblue trials this month. Has anyone else? I forgot to test a few times but I only got highs & no peaks anyway. Strange, I did with my own personal monitor but on the clearblue opks I managed to get smiley faces....but only in the afternoon & gone by the next morning. Has anyone else had this? It made me wonder if a short surge was a problem.
I've not had my usual sore boobs this month which I almost always get straight after ovulation. Not looking into it as a sign though as I do remember one month where they weren't particularly sore at all & AF got me!
I have decided to visit my GP if the witch gets me this month as (as you all know from being in the same boat) my patience is wearing down. I still cannot shake off the thoughts of my c-section having some sort of effect on my fertility. I guess I just assumed that as I got pregnant with my son without trying & very quickly that it would work out the same this time round:roll:
One other thing I wonder about too is how many times to BD during the fertile time. As I didn't get a peak this month on the monitor & only highs (which started from day 6 on the first testing day!) I went with my instincts. I usually get a smiley face on CB OPKS on CD 12 or 13 & it's as if I can almost feel a fluttering sensation and mild cramps the day I get my smiley. So i just went with my feelings/ewcm & DTD around days 11-16. Do you think every day is too often? I must admit we have DTD every day each cycle on ov week & I often wonder if it has an effect on sperm quality etc. I always say to myself that next cycle we will dtd day on day off but it never works like that as I always wonder if I may miss the chance lol, I hope i'm not the only one that thinks like that :)

Hi , we used to dtd everday durin ov time but some say that you dont get adequate sperm my gp just told us to dtd every other day and tjat would be enough , i had an emergency csec with my ds who is 6 i was wondering if this could have caused us problems but im unsure of askin our gp as i dont want him to think ive lost the plot xx

Hi , we used to dtd everday durin ov time but some say that you dont get adequate sperm my gp just told us to dtd every other day and tjat would be enough , i had an emergency csec with my ds who is 6 i was wondering if this could have caused us problems but im unsure of askin our gp as i dont want him to think ive lost the plot xx

I totally relate to you on the c-section thing. Mine was a very traumatic birth too as my son was huge & got trapped in my pelvis for ages so basically I had the weight of him pressing down on me for hours & hours of me trying to push him out only for him to have to be pulled back out via c-section. I also had to have a blood drain fitted too whilst I was in hospital, I didn't realise that not everyone had these after a section.
I genuinely believe that it has affected me. I did have a recent scan for ovarian cysts & that was absolutely fine but I think if you want to have your scarring looked at etc you have to have a different procedure. I'm pretty sure I ovulate as I am getting positive opks & regular cycles but i'm wondering to myself if it could be a hormonal issue OR the possibility of scar tissue underneath where I was cut. I haven't really had any problems since it but in the 5 years i;ve had my son i'd say I was on the pill for the first year but after that NTNP & nothing. To be fair though i've only been taking ttc seriously since jan & had no idea about ovultion/opks etc before. Having said that though I didn't when I fell pregnant with my son.
It is a difficult one as I guess it's a genuine concern if you constantly get BFNS but not everyone gets PG instantly. Only time will tell :)
See your gp though like I will be as there is no harm in discussing it. Generally speaking a c-section shouldn't have an affect but I have read threads from women who are convinced it has made them infertile :(

I had a c section with my ds 14 years ago and went on to have my dd 11 years ago. Just to give you a bit of hope.

I think i will im having 26 day cycles after having 28 days for years if af does show up this month i will be seeing my gp again , had weird spotting last night so not sure if af is gunna show up or not , see thats what i was thinkin mine was so trsumatic too , i had placenta previa and at 35 weeks started heamorraging they left me like that for 5 hours then all of a sudden people started running in the room next thing i know im in theatre babywas very ill , i seemed to heal well but its been six years snd not even a hint of a bfp , ive had bloods done and 21day bloods they were all perfect so i aint got a clue whats wrong xx

I'm a little out of the loop with the whole blood testing thing, is that to check if you ovulate? See I've not been to my go at all about my concerns yet.my periods were also 28 days exactly each cycle but since I've charted I notice they aren't, sometimes they are shorter but can also be up to 30 days.one thing I read was that scar tissue can be a problem for the implantation process. My stress with it all alone probably contributes towards my bfns but it plays havoc on your mind when you wonder why you can't get that bfp and it's hard to relax :(

Yep its to see id u ov mine came back at 39.5 which is good as im 35 , yep stress plays a big factor in ttc well if af shows up im going to ask gp if anything can be done to xheck if its anything to do with my csec anythings worth a try xx

What are the other tests they can do to look for scar tissue? I don't think my problem is my c section but I had an absyss growing out my right tube and onto my ovary. It was badly infected and the infection spread to my appendix. They didn't know about the absyss untill I was rushed to surgery to remove my appendix. They did say there could be possible scar tissue and as soon as I know I'm pregnant I have to have a scan to make sure it's not ectopic. This was in 08, in 09 I got a bfp, had the scan but there was no heartbeat. I was told to wait 2 weeks to see if I would miscarry naturally, I didn't and had an erpc. I've always wondered if these things have left scar tissue that's making it hard for us to conceive now but scans show no scarring. So I don't know?

Hey there, funnily enough i had the same fears after my emergency section that was all a bit hideous with a dreadful infection and a blood tranfusion. I fell pregnanct with my DD second month so was worried my section was hindering me conceiving this time. I had an internal vaginal ultrasound scan thingy a couple of months ago to check my ovaries as i have PCOS and i was very pleased the sonographer said my uterus was lovely! I was convinced the infection or the section itself had done damage. I have however been having acupuncture the past few weeks and the first thing the acupuncturist did on hearing i'd had a section was to 'treat' the scar. In chinese medicine a secion cuts through 7 of the meridians essential for the flow of energy and it can hinder blood flow to your reproductive organs so she put the needles all around my scar and it went boiling hot and bright red which she said was a very good reaction. By the end of the treatment the redness and heat had subsided which she said was very good as it shows it helped reconnect the meridians....i've no idea if its a load of rubbish but it made sense to me and i guess i'll find out next week if it worked!

As far as DTD i think if there are no sperm issues with your DH then doing it every day is absolutely fine xx

I think you can have a laparascopy with regards to checking out the scarring. I have read that if it is thick it can cause problems & also it can stick to your reproductive organs..even bladder etc.
I'm kinda hoping that mine is fine & i'm just over analysing. As for the sore boob thing I spoke too soon, my left one is starting to get sore now! I'm pretty sure this is an AF build up as i'm only 4 days away. My right one doesn't seem to be sore, very weird. I don't even symptom spot anymore though as i've had some ridiculous months of being convinced of a bfp & then been absolutely gutted when it wasn't!

Dee28, I also read about accupuncture! i've heard it is supposed to be very good but never thought twice about it until recently. If you don't mind me asking, how much does it cost? i've read some things online about it & that it is pretty pricey. Would love to give it try though!
As for DH's sperm count he's never had it checked out tbh, I made the assumption that it would be fine as we already have one child...who knows though! It could always be a possibility & a contributing factor.

The lady I see charges £50 for the first 90 min consult and £45 thereafter so it is pricey. It does treat you though, rather than maintain you, so often you only need a few. My lady booked me in for 4 weekly sessions to review after that. It's my 4th next week. I have really liked it, have found it very relaxing and the lady is so positive that its made me feel much better xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back