Back labour

Emmam1982

Reaction score
Has anyone got any experience of back labour?
It's not something I've ever had in past pregnancies but st the moment I've got the most excruciating pain in my right hip (not the side I usually suffer with) that's increasing with intensity then easing off slightly. It's the most horrific pain I've ever had but don't know if it's just baby pressing on something.
How did you know it was labour?

I laboured in my back last time and it was right down my spine, not my hip but everyone is different. Mine was so bad I was crying with every wave (off I have a broken tailbone)

No actual experience... But I went into hospital last week with terrible left sided back pain. It was so awful it was making me vomit. All I got from the midwives and doctors was that labour "doesn't" start in your back! lol. I've still got it now, on and off.
Funnily enough a friend of the family went into labour the same day and didn't even know it, because all she had was back pain.

Hope it eases for you xx

I did em! It was when Noah started off back to back.
He turned in labour though with contractions and it eased to the front. But still had it in lower back too.

MW also said it could of been to do with my pgp.. Who knows! Xx

When I had my labour last time my spasms were so bad thatbthwynaais no contractions were showing on monitor but after monitoring me and watching for a while the mw decided they were in fact contractions. Luke has apparently moves back to back. My mum got thre same with me and I was back to back - grinding my spine against hers alllll the way down

I had an unconfirmed fractured coccyx last year-I did it whilst I was on the same holiday that Logan was conceived. It was agony for months and I had to have a special cushion for sitting, they couldn't X-ray due the pregnancy and there wasn't much they would do anyway so I had to put up with it-I wonder if that injury is contributing to the pain.
I've just taken some cocodamol to see if it will ease but I'm literally in tears with it, I can't get comfy in any position x

I find I'm
More comfortable standing doe a
Minute or so before I sit down again, if you have a gun ball sit on that

I had back labour. My little girl had been back to back for weeks I thought she'd turned but she hadn't. It started how I get normal labour would period like cramps in my tummy but after an hour or two I had horrendous contractions and it was all felt in my lower back. I thought my back would break. My little girl tried to turn at the very last minute and got stuck so I had an epidural and while the pain was less intense my back was awful and with every contraction it felt like...excuse me... The biggest poo ever was coming; definitely felt she was coming out the back door

I had back labour on my DD. All the pain was in my lower back just above my bum. I only have one child (due #2 in 5 weeks) so I have nothing to compare it to. I do agree with other posters though it did feel like she was coming out my bum!

Sent from my HTC Desire 620 using Tapatalk

I had back labour and the pains were in my lower back above my bum. Like any other contractions they started very manageable and further apart then got more intense and closer together x

I had strong pain in my lower back above my bum too. Labour didnt start that way though. I started with BH type tightenings and period cramps that turned into stabbing pains in the front and in my cervix. My back only hurt later in labour as baby was moving down.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back