Back in Intensive care

lizsamuel80

Reaction score
Matthew was transferred back to a special care nursery today for about 10hrs. Now he is back in the intensive care unit with Inflamed Bowel Disease. Absolutely GUTTED. :(

Big hugs hun, I know it's not ideal BUT at least little Matthew is in the right place and getting the care he needs.

Please keep us posted

xxxxxxxxxx

Awww hun big hugs :hug:

Its so hard to see them like that, especially when you feel like you are making no progress.

Remember, he is in the best place.

My best advice, having been there is to ask questions, never sit and stew - I did this for 2 whole days and ended up on the verge of a breakdown because I didn't understand what was happening.

Really hope the little fella gets better soon xx

The Doctors are REALLY good there. I spent the whole day there yesterday and just forgot about the guilt that I was feeling about my other 2 kids and just listened. It felt so good. yesterday morning people would ask me things about my son and I would say "I don't know." now I can say he's had this it was neg and that plus they think it's this and they are going to try that. Not I have no idea what's going on.

Thank goodness it was not IBD or a twist in the bowl. They just think they started him too early and too fast on Breast milk and the blood transfusion he's had explains the bleeding from his bowel because it is the thinnest area so all the extra blood is seeping out. We hope anyway other wise it's exploratory surgery and I don't want him to go through that :(. So for now it's 5ml feeds every 2 hrs and just watch and see.

Heheeh! I changed his little nappy yesterday and he weed all over me. LOL!!!!!!!!!

Been thinking about you all lovely, glad that things seem to be looking up for little Matthew, hopefully the change in diet will help settle his tummy and he will settle down again soon!!!
It's a sign he is a cheeky little monkey if he wee'd all over you!!!
Sending much love to you all sweetie!!! Xx

Wow I didn't even know you had him! I just popped across and read your birth story. A mom's instinct is a force to be reckoned with eh?! Amazing :D I hope he is home again soon but for now he is in the best place. Lots of love little man and get well soon xxx

Thinking of you Hun. Harry was in scbu for 3 weeks and I know it's really hard. Congratulations on your bundle of joy and hope he has a speedy recovery xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back