Back here worried again I think 9ver the last two days I have ate soft cheese on a piece toast

Zara96

Reaction score
hi all,
I am worried again I have ate soft cheese yesterday and the day before on one piece of toast will i have harmed my baby so sick and worried now xx

The rationale for avoiding soft cheese while pregnant is that there is a risk of contamination from listeria.

Listeria can be very harmful to unborn babies. This is why you should wash all fruit and veg and cook meat and eggs thoroughly while you are pregnant.

That being said every piece of cheese you eat is not going to be contaminated! In fact the risk is probably very low. Usually any dairy product found to have listeria contamination is promptly recalled and removed from supermarket shelves. It is not like you have been unknowingly consuming lots of listeria all this time. It is unlikely you have consumed any contaminated food so far. Just avoid cheese that does not state it has been pastuerised on the label from now on to put your mind at ease :)

Last edited:
The rationale for avoiding soft cheese while pregnant is that there is a risk of contamination from listeria.

Listeria can be very harmful to unborn babies. This is why you should wash all fruit and veg and cook meat and eggs thoroughly while you are pregnant.

That being said every piece of cheese you eat is not going to be contaminated! In fact the risk is probably very low. Usually any dairy product found to have listeria contamination is promptly recalled and removed from supermarket shelves. It is not like you have been unknowingly consuming lots of listeria all this time. It is unlikely you have consumed any contaminated food so far. Just avoid cheese that does not state it has been pastuerised on the label from now on to put your mind at ease :)
Thanks for advice I read online about listeria thats why i am so worried. Xxx

By soft cheese they don’t mean spread cheese (like Philadelphia) btw or mozarella :)

All supermarkt cheeses are pasteurised, check on the package, I'm sure it's safe to eat.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania89
Back