back from my long weekend, and feeling knackered!

petchy

Reaction score
hi all, well i've been for a long weekend to bergen (in norway) to visit my little sis. it was all very lovely, but i've managed to make my cold much worse :cry: and the travelling has made me knackered! can't see me getting much done at work today at all! i didn't think the trip would take it out of me so much, as generally i'm feeling quite normal. also, when i got off the train at around midnight last night, and was walking along the platform with my suitcase, this very rude teenager shouted "oi, s'cuse me, are you pregnant or summit?" so i gave him an evil stare and said "well what do you think??" - and he went "well either that or you're just bloody fat!" not a wise thing to say to a worn out, hormonal, pregnant woman!

i think i'm going to invest in one of those "belly-bras" as i keep getting upper back ache and also aches at the top of my bump. i think it's the extra weight up front taking its toll. another great side effect of being short and pregnant, i look about 9 months pregnant! already!! has anyone tried the belly bras, and d they work????

can't wait until 5pm... gonna go home and have a long soak in the bath, some comfort food (mashed potatoes i think.. yum!) and a big mug of hot ribena to see if i can get rid of this cold! then feet up and an early night!

I keep going to buy one and then keep talking myself out of it, but I went to a firework display on saturday night and I was only standing about for about an hour and my back was killing afterwards, so I might have to get one after all!

I don't know how people with a standing-up job (like teaching) cope!

You have my sympathy

It's not my back that's bad but my pelvis. It's got soooooooo bad that I can't turn over in bed without help and by the end of the day I'm crawling up the stairs on my hands and knees.

Somehow managed to take my friend's 9 year old son to a firework display last night and made the mistake of lifting him up to see the lower fireworks. Am crippled today.

I'm trying not to drink anything so I don't have to get up and go to the loo :D

Hi Louise, Mine is exactly the same. I think baby's heads engaged now so that's made it worse. I got stuck on the floor earlier trying to change a CD :lol: I can't turn over in bed either without it being a military operation and the cramps are awful. I have a 6 pillow and a support pillow formation going and the support pillow was great (used it for the first time yesterday) last night and I had the best nights sleep for a long time. I won't remember how I put the pillows tonight though. beds a right state now though, looks like Tumbleland. So you are not alone hun.

Hope you can find some way of sleeping better as well and don;t walk to far or you won;t walk the next day (well that happens to me).

Em xxxxxxxxxx

Thanks Emma, nice to know I'm not alone - though obviously I do feel sorry for you :lol:

Not long for you now! Excited?

Put your feet up petchy and take it easy

traveling can really take it out of you, in half term i went from wales, to manchester, to brum, to glouster, back to wales, then back to glouster and brum, then home to wales again.
I was shattered!

I am crapping myself but excited now too! I'm sure it will be OK. Just been for walk round Stroud, local town, no way I will be able to walk tomorrow! All up hill there. Durrrrr! Here I was saying don't walk to far. Ah well. Gave me something to do.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

mash and bath....mmmmm thats the ultimate in relaxation!!!
travel is so tiring, so get ya feet up, and take it easy!!
hope you enjoyed your time tho?

well the mash has been devoured (yum!) and my feet are well and truly up! in fact i'm not sure i can be bothered to have a bath... the sofa is far too nice!! now my only dilemma is what do i watch on telly? either wife swap, or that documentary on channel 5 which i can't remember the name of....

ooh decisions decisions...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back