Back from my first fertility appointment

Browneyed Girl

Reaction score
I've had my first appointment at the fertility clinic today. It was with the nurse rather than the consultant and she said it was a 'gathering information exercise' ie checking what tests had already been run and going over my history etc.

She said my results were all good - I asked whether she meant good for my age or actually good and she said actually good. When I told her I am 35 she just said 'that's not old' and moved on. I could have kissed her lol!! The amount of time I've spent worrying that my eggs are too old!

She was also quite positive about my oh's SA and said they were a bit sluggish but no real cause for concern. Again (and I know I'm in danger of sounding like a drama queen here) I literally cried myself to sleep the night we got those results after everything I read on google. Ladies, do yourself a favour and don't google sperm results, its a flipping minefield and I feel a bit stupid now i know the professionals aren't concerned. Not to mention the stress my poor oh probably felt with me having a meltdown.

Next step is a scan for me to check no fibroids etc preventing pregnancy and my oh needs to repeat the SA. I also need to get a chlamydia test done as I've not had one in the last 12 months. I've got another appointment at the clinic on 27th July to discuss the results and next steps.

I'm really pleased, she was lovely and they seem to be moving quick so I feel supported. I didn't know what to expect so thought I would post this for any other ladies waiting for an appointment xxx

That's great to hear. It's can be a very overwhelming experience and the unknown always can be nervous, but that's encouraging to hear and must be a boost for you both.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Glad your apt went well. You are now well on the way to getting the answers that you want. Fx your next tests are all ok x

Thanks for sharing - I have my first appt in a few weeks so great to get an idea of what to expect

Anna x

Glad it went well! It makes such a difference when they are understanding. :) One of the doctors I saw said "we need to establish whether you're slowly entering the menopause"! I nearly cried. So thoughtless, and worried me unnecessarily!

Thanks ladies, it has made me feel more positive and glad I have started the ball rolling!

Blueflower - what a thoughtless thing to say!! I think they forget how much it means to us and how emotional it is - we're not just patients we're people and this affects our lives! Good luck with your journey - my new mantra is positive thinking so I'm sending positive vibes your way :)

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back