back from hossy reg OC

Gem & Leland

Reaction score
i phoned the assesment unit this morning and they said come straight in , just
got back after spending 5 hours on the ward !

was soo hot tho that ot made me feel really ill , she put babe ont he moniter and i think the tuby grip that held the monitor things on me tummy sent me temp over the top , all of a sudden sweat was puring , heart was racing and i i couldnt lay down saying i was gonna be sick ( luckliy wasnt) babe had been on for long enough to see he was ok , so she stripped me off and put the fan on full blast . ive never felt so bad so quickly !

after that drama she managed to take me bp and pulse which was fine ( 111/75 )

then the bloods , which of cause she struggled with cos i have rubbish veins !

she checked pos of baby and said ooo nice and low :shock: on my notes its says ....

ceph presentation 4/5 pa....... (cant read it )

what does that mean ????

so over 2 hours later i get me blood results back and see a doc who prods and pokes me :roll:

2 our of the 3 results are high ( alp and bile acids) but not yet high enough for too much concern ,

so im back tues to the day assesment ward for more bloods to see if the readings are increasing

and ive got some prition type stuff

so guess it wasnt total waste of time , spec if it turns out levels are rising
still feel a bit of a fraud tho and felt like i was just wasting there time , mw were very nice tho !

glad it went ok hon - better to be safe than sorry and i bet none of the medical staff thought you were a fraud :hug: :hug: :hug:

ceph means that your baby is head down - and 4/5 might mean that the head is 4/5 engaged (5/5 is not engaged at all, 1/5 is fully engaged).

sounds like all is going well :cheer:

dont ever feel like a fraud hun
Better to be safe than sorry :)

4/5 means that the mw could feel 4/5ths of the head so 1/5 is engaged if that makes sense

That sounds scary :hug: Glad things are OK though. Cephalic means head-down and 4/5 pa means that 4/5 of the baby's head could be felt. meaning baby is 1/5 engaged :D

its a good thing hun. not too early as it can be fully enageged for weeks before u go into labour. xxx

31 weeks is quite early for your baby to engage, but I guess every baby is different. How fast your baby engages bears no relation on when you will actually go into labour though. You can be 5/5 engaged for weeks before you go into labour or your baby may not engage fully until labour has begun. My baby was only 1/5 engaged at 38 weeks! I guess you can never really tell.

Glad things are ok for now & they are keeping an eye on you, never feel daft or like ur wasting their time hun cos thats what they are there for & its always best to be safe rather than sorry :)

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

glad all was ok. hope the next results are ok too.

You weren't wasting their time, you were acting on the health of your baby :D

glad you went and got checked- let us know what they say during the week :hug: :hug: :hug:

well i deffo slept better last night ! only got up twice , i think the purition stuff acted like a sleeping pill :rotfl: got a head ache this morning as if ive been drugged lmao

least hubby is off tues , staying in hossy for 5 hours on ya own sucks !

got next set of bloods in mornin , doesnt seem long enough to wait ! im still bruised in both arms from sat !

Oh my god Gem, what happened to you happened exactly the same to me on Saturday!!..Right down to the rubbish veins in my arms!

I was strapped to monitor and got really worried because the baby's HB was going mad...ranging from 116 to 175 bpm..the midwife said this was normal; even though she had back tracked from saying that a range of 10-15 was normal!...Then she tried to take some blood from my arms...I hate this, last time I looked I fainted so always look away now althought they can't helps saying things like...oh that vein's gone now/collasped etc...leaving me feeling mega sick - I just wish they wouldn't say anything!!!

Anyway waited around for 4 hours as apparantly the PCs were down and they wouldn't let me go home (only if I discharged myself!) then at 5.15pm she said they have lost the results and so I could go home and ring tomorrow although they couldn't guarrantee they would be able to find my results so would I like to give her another sample for some definate results on Sunday! She couldn't get a vein because my normally good one was bruised now! So I had to give blood out of the back of my had...yuk...now sporting bruises on both arms and on back of hand!....

.....Anyway everything ok "except for one which was a bit higher than normal but that's only to be expected for a preganant woman"...which I don't entirely understand, but nevermind I am being refered to a consultant just to be on safe side which is nice!

At least we don't have to worry!

CarleyX

G3M said:
is 1/5 engaged good or bad . early ? for near 32 weeks ?

least your lil one is engaged, Grace's head is just pushing on my pelvis, but midwife said yesterday it takes longer for 2nd babies to engage than 1st...

Warley said:
Oh my god Gem, what happened to you happened exactly the same to me on Saturday!!..Right down to the rubbish veins in my arms!

I was strapped to monitor and got really worried because the baby's HB was going mad...ranging from 116 to 175 bpm..the midwife said this was normal; even though she had back tracked from saying that a range of 10-15 was normal!...Then she tried to take some blood from my arms...I hate this, last time I looked I fainted so always look away now althought they can't helps saying things like...oh that vein's gone now/collasped etc...leaving me feeling mega sick - I just wish they wouldn't say anything!!!

Anyway waited around for 4 hours as apparantly the PCs were down and they wouldn't let me go home (only if I discharged myself!) then at 5.15pm she said they have lost the results and so I could go home and ring tomorrow although they couldn't guarrantee they would be able to find my results so would I like to give her another sample for some definate results on Sunday! She couldn't get a vein because my normally good one was bruised now! So I had to give blood out of the back of my had...yuk...now sporting bruises on both arms and on back of hand!....

.....Anyway everything ok "except for one which was a bit higher than normal but that's only to be expected for a preganant woman"...which I don't entirely understand, but nevermind I am being refered to a consultant just to be on safe side which is nice!

At least we don't have to worry!

CarleyX

Carley,

Gemma was kept in hospital yesterday after going for her second lot of bloods as she does have OC and will be having more this morning to see what her levels are like. It's likely she would be induced at 37 weeks if the levels increase. They increased quite a lot over the 3 days from tghe first set to the second set. She isn;t too worried at the moment though. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back