Back from hospital

LouisecH

Reaction score
Hello

I've been in hospital for the last 3 days with contractions. They seem to have slowed down now so I'm back at home but my bump has decreased by 5 inches and is a bit saggy, and my cervix is down to 1 cm in length.
I've been banned from going back to work and have been told that the baby will probably arrive in the next week or two.
Although it's 7 weeks early I'm not too worried because she's had steroids for her lungs and is 4lb7 approx so that's an ok size.
By the way, the pains weren't too terrible although they sounded a lot worse for the other 7 women on my ward who were actually giving birth. Hmmm.

That's all folks!

Louise

32 weeks is fine to have the buba, hope you are ok and taking it easy tho. Keep us updated. xx

hey dear hope eveything goes well im getting really nervous now myself but im sure everything works out ok

wow Louise!

hope everything will be ok, im sure it will tho, babies are born at this stage all the time.

is this coz your little one is not to little? lol

how are you feeling about it all?

Gosh Louise

Are you excited about seeing your little one.

My nephew was born at 32 weeks, he weighed an impressive 5lbs something. He is now a strapping 12 year old.

good luck and keep us informed on how you are and make sure you are resting hun. no marathon christmas shopping trips.

x

Wow, that news shocked me as I am also in the january mums and to think that the same thing can happen to any of us is quite startling!

We've only bought about a third of what we need. We had better get out shopping I think and get more prepared! :shock:

Best of luck to you babe. Keep your legs crossed! :wink: :) Just kidding

Glad you're ok (and baby) {{{hugs}}} and good luck :)

Hi sweetheart, I know your head is probably filled with a lot of thoughts right now! I know how you feel.

I just wanted to say - little one may hold out longer than the doctors think. I came out of hospital 4 weeks ago now after having contractions which were stopped twice in a week, given the Steroids for his lungs, and cervix now only 1cm. I'm still here and baby is still where he should be!! your cervix can be stronger than they think.

I advise just lots of rest, no housework, no walking if it can be helped (this can speed up your cervix dilation), and lots of TLC.

Gimme a shout if you need someone to talk to.

Thinking of you, xxxx

Thanks everyone!!!

i'm feeling ok about it now I know she's had her injections for her lungs and that she weighs 4lb 6 which isn't too bad.

It's so strange that a few of us January Mum's seem to have been threatened with this isn't it?

I'm so excited. I came home and packed a hospital bag straight away (I had been planning a home birth) so I'm ready for it now. Must admit I'm so pleased not to be working anymore :D

Ah well, let's see what happens.

Quite a few people I have heard of were due Jan and have had threatened already or have given birth already. my midwife has already lost a couple of the January mums in her group and didn;t want me to go next!!

32 weeks was the gestation I was desprate to get past if and when I start prematurely labouring, so I feel happy in the knowledge now that he would have an excellent chance.

Good luck hun and I hope you last a bit longer, every day makes then so much stronger. :D

xx

Hello

Wow well im glad your okay and everyones having there babies early and its not fair, but oh well i guess ill just have to wait.
So hopefully the baby will stay put for a while unless determined to come out lol. And at least your at a stage now where you dont have to leave your baby in the hospital for several weeks to months, which would really suck.
Well take care and keep us updated.
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back