Back from hospital again.

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by timsmom, Nov 28, 2007.

1. timsmom

timsmom Well-Known Member

At this rate Stfafford hospital will have a resrved parking space for me in the car park. I saw my consultant yesterday and had to go and see the haematologist today.

Apparently my blood results have not come back very positive so it means I have to have an extra day in hospital. I have antiphospholipid syndome which means I have antibodies in my blood whch effect the way my placenta works. When I had my first baby the placenta failed with disastrous consequences because my antibody levels were so high. With Tim my anti body levels were lower and although my placenta started to fail again, they picked it up in time.

This time apparently my anti body levels are very high again and they want me to have an immunoglobulin transfusion which I'm told aren't very nice. I'm back on the aspirin and I have to have twice the dose of heparin which they are gonna double from 28 weeks.

All good fun, that'll be something to look forward to!! Babies.........who'd have em??.............................................................we would and they are so worth it!!!

2. Emma58

Emma58 Well-Known Member

3. Manda&Thomas

Manda&Thomas Well-Known Member

awww im sorry youve gotta go threw all this hun
    atleast they know about it and will do all they can to keep you and baby fine
    manda xx

4. muppetmummy

muppetmummy Well-Known Member

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: Sounds like you're having a rough time of it. At least the doctors know what it is and how to deal with it. I hope the treatment goes well

5. Tillytots

Tillytots Well-Known Member

:hug: :hug: Im so glad they know this time round and they are treating you for it :hug: :hug:

6. Babylicious

Babylicious Well-Known Member

awww bless you :hug:

7. floppit

floppit Well-Known Member

So sorry you're facing all this - I hope they get topside of it soon. :hug:

8. flowergirl

flowergirl Well-Known Member

I'm sorry that you are having a rough time with this pregnancy as well. Best of luck with everything- at least you are receiving treatment and although you'll be sick of the hospital, they are looking after you well by the sound of things xxx :hug:

9. sarah113

sarah113 Well-Known Member

10. Bloom

Bloom Well-Known Member

You really are going through it like everyone has said though at least they are looking after you and baby.

You seem very upbeat and positive about it which is good.
    :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

11. timsmom

timsmom Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the kind words ladies. I feel fine and its a case of 'whatever it takes' as long as baby arrives safely!!.