Back from hospital again.

timsmom

Reaction score
At this rate Stfafford hospital will have a resrved parking space for me in the car park. I saw my consultant yesterday and had to go and see the haematologist today.

Apparently my blood results have not come back very positive so it means I have to have an extra day in hospital. I have antiphospholipid syndome which means I have antibodies in my blood whch effect the way my placenta works. When I had my first baby the placenta failed with disastrous consequences because my antibody levels were so high. With Tim my anti body levels were lower and although my placenta started to fail again, they picked it up in time.

This time apparently my anti body levels are very high again and they want me to have an immunoglobulin transfusion which I'm told aren't very nice. I'm back on the aspirin and I have to have twice the dose of heparin which they are gonna double from 28 weeks.

All good fun, that'll be something to look forward to!! Babies.........who'd have em??.............................................................we would and they are so worth it!!!

awww im sorry youve gotta go threw all this hun
atleast they know about it and will do all they can to keep you and baby fine
manda xx

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: Sounds like you're having a rough time of it. At least the doctors know what it is and how to deal with it. I hope the treatment goes well

:hug: :hug: Im so glad they know this time round and they are treating you for it :hug: :hug:

So sorry you're facing all this - I hope they get topside of it soon. :hug:

I'm sorry that you are having a rough time with this pregnancy as well. Best of luck with everything- at least you are receiving treatment and although you'll be sick of the hospital, they are looking after you well by the sound of things xxx :hug:

You really are going through it like everyone has said though at least they are looking after you and baby.

You seem very upbeat and positive about it which is good.
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks for all the kind words ladies. I feel fine and its a case of 'whatever it takes' as long as baby arrives safely!!.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back