Back crawling :-/

Discussion in 'Baby & Toddler' started by PINK BUTTERFLY, May 26, 2013.

1. PINK BUTTERFLY

PINK BUTTERFLY Well-Known Member

Must admit we haven't given Chloe as much tummy time as we should of (hardly any) as she just cries and hates it and she likes to use her legs so likes to be standing on your lap (obv with support) well over night somehow she has learnt how to back crawl?!?

She lays on her back and pushes with her legs....so findable like a back stroke lol so weird, do you think she has learnt this because we haven't given her the tummy time she needed? X

2. Mum2betash

Mum2betash Well-Known Member

No I don't think so. My lo has had a fair amount of tummy time but she does this too :) she has done it for a longtime, she's just such a fidget lol. It drives me wild at night as I have to keep getting up and moving her back down the cot haha. Hope you don't have as much trouble xx

3. tweetyfoo

tweetyfoo Well-Known Member

She's just exploring, babies have their own priorities - she knows what she wants x

4. Leah04x

Leah04x Well-Known Member

Ethan has had loads of tummy time and crawls but does this on his back too! As tweety said, she's just exploring in her own little way haha xx

5. PINK BUTTERFLY

It's funny bless her as really puts a lot of effort in it and only gets a little way bless her, I just worry she is going to hurt her head. X

6. Leah04x

Haha aww bless her.. The back crawling is Ethan's trick when I'm trying to change his nappy! As well as rolling over and kicking me :wall2:

xx

7. PINK BUTTERFLY

Thank god she hasn't learnt that (YET) lol x

8. Leah04x

Give her time ;) lol xx

9. kedi376

kedi376 Well-Known Member

Yep J has been back crawling for maybe a month now, you lay her on the floor and she head straight for the tv unit on her back. You have to drag her back again otherwise she would hit her head.

J also hates tummy time, I'm thinking she may never crawl she may bum shuffle instead, but we will see x

10. PINK BUTTERFLY

Tummy time = waste of time in this house!

She just lays there with her arms, legs and head in the air crying until we pick her up, must admit I do give in easy as feel sorry for her. X

11. kedi376

kedi376 Well-Known Member

J does that, always reminds me of a parachuter, you know when they first jump out the plane :)

12. PINK BUTTERFLY

That's it! Lol she does that for a while then throws her dace down on the rug for a few seconds then back in that position.

We just gave her some rug time and when we put her on her belly she rolled over instead of crying :) good girl! We put loads of toys around her and she was trying grab from each side but the poor sausage couldn't get a grip on anything :( so Daddy decided to put all the toys on top of her what she found funny and loved pushing them all off. Funny and a surprise what they do all of a sudden! X