back arching, is this normal??

leckershell

Reaction score
I might be worrying unnecessarily but Ryan keeps doing this...

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=47 ... m=text_url

(you'll have to wait a bit to see what i mean but the whole video is only 1 minute - he starts doing it from about 30secs onwards and a big one at 46secs)

He keeps arching his back and making grunting noises. Is this ok or is he in pain/wind? He always does it :? don't know if I should be worried? He seems frustrated somehow but I don't understand what he's trying to do...

To be honest it doesnt look like he is distressed in any way and it seems like he just likes to push on his feet :think:

yeah, he seems ok... :? it's just he keeps doing it whenever he lies down... i'm probly just over worrying myself but i had to ask cos it's been bugging me :think:

Ryan looks like he's trying to move bless him, he's looking back to see where he may end up if only his feet and legs would let him get there :D He's so cute, he looks fine, and strong and just very active, he's lovely :hug: very best wishes :hug:

Isaac sometimes does this before going to sleep, but he gets frustrated with it, I have to hold his head or he likes to snuggle under something :think: I've heard babies like pressure on their heads, as it reminds them of being in the womb.

Lola does the same thing if she's on her changing mat i think she's trying to push herself up but can't becaause of the padded bit. If i move her down to the bottom of the changing mat she's fine untill she get's back to the top again :D

Looks to me like he is trying to get himself moving and maybe hes trying to sit up - will be ages before he does but all my kids have done that and imogens rolling on the floor now arching her back! Dont worry its all normal

cool cool, it's just the noises he makes, he just worried me a bit and i just wanted to check he was ok :)

Evan did this all the time, i used to worry as well cuz back arching can be one of the signs of meningitis. Your little one looks fine. I would say this is completely normal.

Jake does it too, he has from a really early age. I think he just wants to move about. If he hasnt already he will probably start what me and OH refer to as moonwalking where he moves himself about by lying on his back and pushing his feet to slide forward. We had to stop putting Jake in the feet to foot position in the cot as he would just slide to the top of the cot and out from under his blankets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back