Back after a break!

Hannah1678

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

So as some of you may know me I’ve been trying since November 2018 and had zilch, I’ve been to the doctors on 3 different occasions and they have refused point blank to help me due to my age, told me to come back in a few years. The funniest thing about this whole thing is they have even offered to council me about how upsetting it’s making me! So me and my partner decided to stop trying about 2 cycles ago, it’s been nice not pushing for something and was hoping the relaxed approach would help but something inside of me is just urging me to carry on! So I was wondering if you could all tell me your tips that helped you get pregnant or that you’re using to help you currently. Anything from vitamins to how much to baby dance! I just need to cram the knowledge in, I have a good feeling about 2020 but dreading coming to another year marker, it’s a cruel thing it really is!

Thank you! Xx

Hello ladies,

So as some of you may know me I’ve been trying since November 2018 and had zilch, I’ve been to the doctors on 3 different occasions and they have refused point blank to help me due to my age, told me to come back in a few years. The funniest thing about this whole thing is they have even offered to council me about how upsetting it’s making me! So me and my partner decided to stop trying about 2 cycles ago, it’s been nice not pushing for something and was hoping the relaxed approach would help but something inside of me is just urging me to carry on! So I was wondering if you could all tell me your tips that helped you get pregnant or that you’re using to help you currently. Anything from vitamins to how much to baby dance! I just need to cram the knowledge in, I have a good feeling about 2020 but dreading coming to another year marker, it’s a cruel thing it really is!

Thank you! Xx
My husband and I started TTC in January 2017, in November 2019 I got my BFP - we had given up trying but we weren't preventing as we'd been told the chances of us falling without help were slim to none. Factors I believe helped us were; less stress, we had resigned ourselves to the fact that it wouldn't happen, my husband has also gone back to employment rather than running his own business so his stress levels have reduced, and he is also drinking and smoking less. It's very early days for us still so anything could happen, and as annoying as it is for people to say you really just need to stop trying so hard I honestly believe that was a factor with us....I don't know how old you are but if you are young then there shouldn't be anything preventing you. After a year you can ask to have tests to check you are ovulating which are done with a blood test each month for three month at set times of the month and you OH could have a semen analysis just to rule that out as an issue but by doing both of those things it could actually cause you more stress and be counter productive. Stress is such a huge factor in life these days I'm sure that is why so many people struggle.x

I tried for my son for 2.5 years I ended up having surgery so I think that helped me however the constant said there was no major issues apart from a cyst and mild endometriosis . I’m currently on month 4 trying for my second. I bought the new clear blue connect to try this month so I’m doing every other day. I’m not being too hard on myself this month as it’s christmas so bad food and some wine will be had. Lol.Come January I’m gona be strict.

Consultant lol sorry dunno how to edit!

My husband and I started TTC in January 2017, in November 2019 I got my BFP - we had given up trying but we weren't preventing as we'd been told the chances of us falling without help were slim to none. Factors I believe helped us were; less stress, we had resigned ourselves to the fact that it wouldn't happen, my husband has also gone back to employment rather than running his own business so his stress levels have reduced, and he is also drinking and smoking less. It's very early days for us still so anything could happen, and as annoying as it is for people to say you really just need to stop trying so hard I honestly believe that was a factor with us....I don't know how old you are but if you are young then there shouldn't be anything preventing you. After a year you can ask to have tests to check you are ovulating which are done with a blood test each month for three month at set times of the month and you OH could have a semen analysis just to rule that out as an issue but by doing both of those things it could actually cause you more stress and be counter productive. Stress is such a huge factor in life these days I'm sure that is why so many people struggle.x
Thank you for sharing and congratulations on your little bean <3 I may have to try that route, my OH has had sperm check and he’s all good, like perfect which make me feel worse because if there is a problem it will be me.. he’s 27 and I’m 21, he already has a daughter that I treat like my own anyway but the doctors just won’t listen lol, oh well will try again in the new year! Thank you very much xx

I tried for my son for 2.5 years I ended up having surgery so I think that helped me however the constant said there was no major issues apart from a cyst and mild endometriosis . I’m currently on month 4 trying for my second. I bought the new clear blue connect to try this month so I’m doing every other day. I’m not being too hard on myself this month as it’s christmas so bad food and some wine will be had. Lol.Come January I’m gona be strict.
Also thanks for sharing hun! I’m gonna try with the better life style choices after Christmas too! No will power around this time! Fingers crossed you’re not trying as long as last time <3xx

Thank you for sharing and congratulations on your little bean <3 I may have to try that route, my OH has had sperm check and he’s all good, like perfect which make me feel worse because if there is a problem it will be me.. he’s 27 and I’m 21, he already has a daughter that I treat like my own anyway but the doctors just won’t listen lol, oh well will try again in the new year! Thank you very much xx
No worries, have a good Christmas and try and enjoy yourselves!x

Hello Hannah just wanted to wish you a merry Christmas and show my support. I know you must be tired of hearing it but indeed you are still young so try not to worry. I hope you have a wonderful year ahead!

Hello Hannah just wanted to wish you a merry Christmas and show my support. I know you must be tired of hearing it but indeed you are still young so try not to worry. I hope you have a wonderful year ahead!
That’s so kind, thank you very much! Merry Christmas to you and a happy new year xx

Poppin back in to ask how you are doing Hannah, have you tried again or have you gotten pregnant naturally? :wave:
Aww thanks for checking in hun! Unfortunately not pregnant yet! but I have finally been taken serious at the doctors and been told I have cysts, which could be blocking a Fallopian tube. Hopefully this can be the start of some answers as I’ve just hit the 16th cycle! How are you doing? x

Aww thanks for checking in hun! Unfortunately not pregnant yet! but I have finally been taken serious at the doctors and been told I have cysts, which could be blocking a Fallopian tube. Hopefully this can be the start of some answers as I’ve just hit the 16th cycle! How are you doing? x

I hope things can be resolved for you now that the problem had been found, did they say you would need surgery for that? AFM, going into my third trimester - the final stretch as they would say.

Thank you hun, unfortunately my scan was cancelled yesterday due to the virus so it will be a little while longer before I find out if surgery is needed :(
Goshhhh that’s so exciting! Do you know what you’re having?

Hannah1678 - I am sorry to read that scan was cancelled. Although if docs are not sure about treatments, it's better to stay safe and take care about yourself. xx

Thank you hun, unfortunately my scan was cancelled yesterday due to the virus so it will be a little while longer before I find out if surgery is needed :(

Yes! We're having a baby girl. Sorry about the cancellation. Take extra care now.

Hi! I wonder if you're back up on the saddle. Have you had updates recently? I wish you could keep us in the loop. :)

Just read this thread and was wondering how you were too!

@Paige Evans and @Netty13 hey! Thank you for checking up on me, for some reason it’s not notifying me :shakehead: unfortunately still no pregnancy BUT I am having an operation (on the waiting list at the minute) to try and see if I have endometriosis and hopefully to burn it away and I’ve got blood tests and OH sperm test this month! All coming along. We’ve decided to take this month out cause it was just getting way too much and I was always sad!
I do post updates on the TTC journal things mines called ‘come on baby L!x ‘
How are you guys doing xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back