Babywise Method

Mummy2Adam

Reaction score
Im a strong believer in the bath, bottle, bed routine and was thinking of trying to get Lexi into some kind of routine during the day. After doing some research i have come across the babywise method, has anyone used this? x x

Oh I've never heard of it. Will google once I make a bottle
X

I just had a google and Jack seems to have been in the 'recommended' routine from anout 4mths old! Completley by accident lol!

He feeds, plays, sleeps, feeds, plays, sleeps with a bath in the evening slotted in!! He doesn't feed or sleep at the exact same times every day (because he wakes between 7am & 9am) but he follows a 3hr feeding routine which is what they seem to recommend!! :) He doesn't sleep through yet though which is a bit of a bummer, he'll get there though x

Hmmmm Kerry can you briefly explain it to me, is it like following a very strict schedule? Sorry this is not answering your question at all :lol:

oooh i've never heard of this i'll go have a look - i've been trying to follow this for the last cpl of days -

http://www.boswellbunch.com/simone/Babies/6_Week_Olds....html

:)

Littlemiss just a quick skim of that link, quite interesting. We've really set our own routine from the beginning, for me personally I'm not sure that babies will follow such rigid routines since they're all different. And there are soooo many different 'experts' out there it gets so confusing. I think whatever works for you and baby is good. Although I do sometimes wonder if at 7 months E is getting enough naps etc. In saying that I have a strict bedtime routine and it works for me and E.

Sorry Kerry, derailing your thread :/

Last edited:
I know, I'm just starting it out, only came across it the other day- had probs with Kayden not sleeping at all some day times & being grumpy as anything at night & not settling well for the night, the more he naps during the day the better he sleeps at night, I've not been strictly following it, by any means, but more using it as a guideline...between every bottle (every 3hrs) theres a bit of play time & some nap time - but if he wakes I lift him rather than re-settle. & last 2 days he's been doing really well & has slept loads. I figure he must need it coz he doesn't need much persuasion to sleep.

BTW - couldn't find any info on the babywise stuff, only press articles. You got anything M2A?

I think naps are essential too Hun, They're alot happier when they have proper sleep during the day, well Emily is anyway. Plus it's nice to have a coffee and have a wee break :lol:

Pinky and littlemiss, my LO has been getting hard to settle down after his 1am and 4/5am feeds so iv been making sure that in the day he isn't sleeping so much..but he seems to be harder to set down, at just 3 weeks do u think I should be letting him sleep as much as he wants?

M2a can u pass on a link? Xx

Positivity, me personally would let your LO sleep whenever he wants to at that age. Some days Jack hardly slept and others he slept for hours! Our 1 rule is that we'll never ever deny him sleep or wake him when he's sleeping. Thats just our rule though and it's worked for us so far. Jack's night time routine has been messed up by xmas and new year and he now thinks bedtime is between 11pm & midnight so because he's now 6.5mths i'm going to try and keep him awake in the evenings a bit longer (after dinner) to see if I can knacker him out so he's in bed by 9pm.

You do what you feel is right though, your LO is yours :) x

Pos, I agree with Claire when Emily was that age I let her sleep when she wanted. And sometimes after night feeds she was the same would lie awake chattering :lol:

I know Emily needs 2 naps a day and know when she's getting tired but I don't look at the clock and say right that's 10am naptime, our routine is definatley flexible. At your LO's age there was no set routine. But honestly like Claire says you'll know yourself what your baby needs the more you get to know them.

Maybe one day we'll all get some decent sleep?!? When they're teenagers? :lol:

thanks claire and pinky, sorry for hijacking m2a!

i think you're right, he slept the night before last from 8pm until 1am so i woke him up as that is really long for him and i thought it best to wake him and feed him. he went back down again after but at the 5am feed he was a nightmare :roll: think i'm going to take ur advice and just leave him from now on.

pinky - when they are teenagers it will be worse haha - not very positive ay? ;)

xx

i think you're right, he slept the night before last from 8pm until 1am so i woke him up as that is really long for him and i thought it best to wake him and feed him. he went back down again after but at the 5am feed he was a nightmare :roll: think i'm going to take ur advice and just leave him from now on.

pinky - when they are teenagers it will be worse haha - not very positive ay? ;)

xx

Yeah we'll be sitting up waiting for them to come home - still no sleep and still worrying eeeeek!!!!

xx

Oh pos :hug: Its really not such a good idea to wake him to feed him, its probs whats made him more unsettled the next time. There bodies are designed to let us know when they are hungry, please dont worry, and just enjoy the break!

Day time naps are hard for me too, its been a lot better the more sleep he has, but its still hard to get my head around that he needs that much, I have just been laying him in his moses basket after every feed & snuggling him in, in a dark corner, if he doesn't sleep i'll lift him if he does then great, but im always offering that oppertunity to him, around every feed.

Even tho your LO might settle himself off to sleep sometimes, for ex if u leave him in his seat & he drifts off himself - it still doesn't mean he can do it every time, and majority of the time they need a bit of encouragement to sleep, if that makes sense.

:hugs:

thanks littlemiss, all a big learning curve for me! not sure what i would do without you girls xx

oooh i've never heard of this i'll go have a look - i've been trying to follow this for the last cpl of days -

http://www.boswellbunch.com/simone/Babies/6_Week_Olds....html

I've also been using this for the past week and it's great. I realised Tom wasn't getting enough sleep during the day and wasnt really going through the night. Now he has three to four good naps in the day and sleeps through from 830 to 6am. As someone has said before sleep breeds sleep.

I waited until he was almost four months, but if i had my time again i'd follow what she says from newborn. But i'm sure every baby is different etc etc. I reckon the more :nap: they get the better (in a quiet, dark yet familiar place).
Oh and to put my mind at rest i have a video and movement monitor, so i dont have to keep disturbing him when sleeping. But im paranoid!

I havent got an article ladies, its a book that one of my friends have got. Its an infant care program which the authors say will cause babies to sleep through the night beginning between seven and nine weeks of age. It emphasizes parental control of the infant's sleep, play and feeding schedule rather than allowing the baby to decide when to eat, play and sleep.
Its a very strict routine and i wondered whether anyone had used it as it seem to have mixed reviews, think it might be too strict for my little madam x x

Hi all I tried to get my LO in a routine as soon as I could and this is now her little routine. She is 14 weeks on sunday

8-8.30am she wakes and has a bottle 6oz then has about a 10 min nap (she wakes naturally) then is in her bouncer on her play mat playing

11.30am 2nd 6oz bottle and same as above

2.30pm 3rd 6oz bottle and same as above

5.30pm 4th 60z bottle and same as above

7.30pm bath time and we have a little sing song

8.30pm last 6oz bottle and bed by 9pm which she sleeps through till 8-8.30am

All throughout the day we play and sing and cuddle.

She seems like such a happy content baby.

S
xx

I def have a routine for food and for bedtime in evening. I kinda
Know hen owen needs sleep during the day because he goes similar time eAch day c

We have a set bedtime, i.e. when it gets to around 9pm I will make sure that she's dry and fed and then take her to the bedroom and cuddle with the lights off until she's relaxed enough to be put down and fall asleep or till she falls asleep in my arms. So usually she's asleep by between 9.30 and 10pm. Other than that I don't have a routine as such. I breastfeed on demand and take her for naps whenever she seems tired or irritable (around 2 naps a day with a short one in the morning and a much longer one of a couple of hours at least in the afternoon). I only started to introduce routine quite recently though so she did Pretty much whatever she liked for the first two months. We still have a no-waking rule though so if she falls asleep we won't try to wake her, but we still carry on with the set bedtime. Figure the more sleep she gets the better :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back