Babywearing pregnant

Redshoes

Reaction score
Is it safe throughout pregnancy to carry your LO in a babycarrier? Or are their certain stages or weights with LO when not to?
I'm hoping to continue wearing Isaac, but he will be over 20lb now, getting him weighed next week, and want to be safe for both LO on the way, Isaac and I :)

All I know is that I couldn't possible carry an extra 20lbs in weight now... Also the more weight you carry, the more pain you tend to get in your pelvis.

Although the baby will be protected I don't think your pelvis and back will be up to the job, especially as you were only pregnant around 7 months ago.

Also when the bump begins to pop, it will be impossible for you to put the Issac on the front... the baby will throw a wobbly over it... :roll: Although while you still feel you can, you can wear Isaac in the carrier but on your back rather than front...

I would have also thought you're boobs would hurt like hell too with the carrier pushing down on them :think:

its kinda amazing what your body can do tho. I dont know how much Hannah weighes but shes in size 4 nappies (shes very heavy to me) Its not an option for me to just no pick her up and carry her anymore, you juyst have to get on with it.

Its horrible, uncomfortable and somtimes i ache like mad, but i dont think unborn baby is at any risk.

sorry off topic but i've just noticed you got a bfp!!
congrats! :hug: :hug: :hug:

I used to wear DD but found it put a lot of pressure on my back and pelvis. I had to stop when I got SPD :)

But I still had to lift her up and down as she didn't start walking until DS was born.

Thanks for the replies :hug: I did think that would be the case, but it makes sense what you are all saying, he does weigh loads but has always been comfy in the babyhawk. Better to be careful and stop now though, thanks again :hug:

Thanks for the congrats kimbo :hug:

Sorry I haven't a clue but just noticed your ticker! :shock:
:dance: :cheer: :dance: :cheer: :cheer: :dance: :cheer:
Wooohooooooo I'm so pleased and excited for you! What brilliant news! :cheer: :dance: :cheer: :dance: :cheer: :dance:

Thankyou jools and trixipaws :D :hug:

Thanks for the link Melanie, I was carrying Isaac last week before I knew I was pregnant, allbeit early days, and it was fine, since getting my BFP I've not carried him, OH has said not to also due to my having backpain, I think I will abstain for now, as sad as that makes me, but thankyou so much for the link, its really helped, and yes babywearing can be safe during pregnancy, thankyou for clarifying that :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania89
Back