Baby's weight gain after birth x

Mine was 8lbs 2oz after birth on day 4 she was 7lbs 4oz, on day 10 she was 7lbs 10 and on day 20 she was 9lbs!

She had been in NICU which was a trigger for the big weight loss.
She was born on the 50th, week 8 moved to the 75th, week 12 moved to 91st and she's been there since and is 24 weeks.
She's also breast fed but in the first 4 weeks we combi fed due to the weight loss.

Congrats on your little bundle!!xxx

And your mw is right, you're doing brilliantly with the breast feeding!!! Really impressive weight gain.x

James was 7lb 8oz at birth, went down to 7lbs 4oz on day 3 but was up to 7lbs 10oz by day 5!

By day 12 he was 7lbs 14oz and day 16 he was 8lbs 1oz.

He was on breast milk (I was expressing though!)

xxxxxx

Last edited:
What is little ladies name hun??

xxxxxx

LO's weight gain sounds great!

My LO weighed 7lb 13oz at birth, 7lb 4oz on day 5, 7lb 13oz on day 10...and the each week after that he put on between 7 - 12 oz! He now weighs over 14lb!! :) xx

Harrison was 5lb 10oz at birth, 5lb 6oz on day 3, 5lb 10oz on day 7, 6lb 4oz on day 13, and 7lb 4oz on day 20. Pretty good going with all the problems we have had with feeding - but still going with the bfing!

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 4 Beta

My lo was 8lb4 at birth, dropped to 7lb14 and then back up to 8lb4.

Oskar was 7lbs 11oz at birth and went up to 8lbs on day 5 :shock:

He now weighs 8lbs 14oz!

xxxx

Noah was 9lb 9.5oz at birth.
8lb 15oz at day 3
9lb 9oz at day 12 and hes going to be weighed now on tuesday. Hope hes gained alot more xx

Hallie was 8lb5 at birth, 8lb2 Day 5, 9lb1 2weeks then 9lb5 at 4wks. X

Tapatalking. X

Harrison was 5lb 10oz at birth, 5lb 6oz on day 3, 5lb 10oz on day 7, 6lb 4oz on day 13, and 7lb 4oz on day 20. Pretty good going with all the problems we have had with feeding - but still going with the bfing!

Harrison is 8lb 10oz on day 25 so he's put on 1lb 6oz in 5 days!! That sounds too much to me??

I think we are all doing brilliantly!

Little Rosie was 7lb3oz when born, 7lb on nose on day 5, she'll next get weight in Thursday (day 10) and I'm hoping I've got her over birth weight! I'm breast feeding xxx

Awww, its quite normal for them.to lose on day 5 so looks good. BF babies can be a bit slower to start with too although they are all different

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

Harrison is 8lb 10oz on day 25 so he's put on 1lb 6oz in 5 days!! That sounds too much to me??

I wouldn't worry, especially with him being BF. Babies do put on a lot of weight quickly in the early days and it does start to slow down around 3-4 months. My LO would put on a pound a week sometimes!

My little fella was 9lbs 1 when born, can't remember how much he lost in the first few days, but was back to his birth weight soon afterwards. He was a stone by his 8 week check. He's 18lbs now at 20 weeks although he did have a spell of not eating much so didn't gain as much as the charts say he could have. I stopped weighing him after 8 weeks and only started again recently with his eating problems. I wouldn't bother if he was feeding well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back