Baby's sleep pattern

jadeflorence

Reaction score
Little bird has a crazy hour at exactly half eleven every night without fail I'm wondering if our little ones keep more or less the same sleep patterns when they are born. Does anyone else have a particular time of day when baby wakes up and has a dance? :)

My little lady is quite active all the time lol but she seems to be even more active in the evenings and quite often when I wake up in the night I can still feel her giving me a good kicking! My son was the same and seemed to be awake all night and I remember joking when I was pregnant with him that we were going to have our hands full as he was going to keep us up all night when he was born. Sure enough he did! He was a terrible sleeper at night for a looong time! Xxx

I've recently been studying sleep in my biology course and there's a theory that babies learn their sleep patterns from their mothers during gestation. So if you are up weeing a lot or a bad sleeper baby might be too! Just a theory mind. Interesting though!!
All fetuses have 100% REM sleep, no deep sleep so they dream all the time when they sleep. It's thought that REM sleep is connected to brain development, as young children have a lot more than adults.
Sorry blethering on, I find it really interesting! Wrote an essay on sleep in my exam on Wednesday! Xx

I'm sure everyone has a different experience, but for the last 8 - 10 weeks of my pregnancy, J would come alive at 10pm for a couple of hours, then sleep til around 2am - then wake up again until around 4am. Unfortunately, he followed that pattern for the first few weeks of his life until he figured out what night and day were!

Get as much sleep as you can now ladies! ;-) xx

I tend to find at the moment that baby doesn't have a pattern. This might be because ive not noticed a pattern as im working hard. But he is active almost all the time! Im sure he never sleeps. I sure hope this doesn't happen after birth lol! Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300

My LO kept to the same sleep patterns for the first few weeks he was born. He always woke when I did, then would snooze for a few hours in the morning. He tended to be more awake in the late afternoon and evenings. He never really kicked or kept me up at night when pregnant. He started to get good at settling at night though by about four weeks, so they do grow out of it!

I find come 8 pm Button goes to town. He wriggles and moves and generally has a party. I had said to my mw and she said that it might be likely once he is here 8 pm may be a busy time for us. She said something about a cluster feed time! Will be interesting to see.

It will be really interesting to see if they still have their crazy time at around the same times!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back