Baby's long bones measuring small at 28 weeks

Cindy2112

Reaction score
Hi . I went for a scan at 28+3 to see whether my placenta has moved up from near my cervix. It's still the same but they decided to do a growth scan on him. Here are my measurements

HC 263mm
AC 222mm
FL 47mm
EFW 967 grams
Long bones
Tibia 41mm
Fibula 40mm
Humerus 41mm
Radius 41mm
Ulna 38 MM.

The doctor is concerned about his arms and legs as they seem really small. They are giving me another scan in 2 weeks.

Has anybody else has roughly these measurements? I'm really worried xx

Hi Cindy,

I've been in a similar boat as there were concerns about my girl's femur length but unfortunately this was at 20 weeks (my repeat scan was at 24) so my measurements won't be directly comparable.. Were you given a number for what centile the measurements were on? My baby's femur length at 20 weeks was -3 below the 5th centile so not only small but out of the normal range all together. By 24 weeks her femur length was almost at the 50th centile so obviously her legs just hadn't grown in proportion to the rest of her! They can have growth spurts at different times, one week their tummy might seem disproportionally huge and the next they may seem to have a giant head :) I'd really try not to stress too much as doctor's really do err on the side of caution (and rightly so..) It's good they're keeping an eye on it and I really hope he's made good progress by your next scan.. Best wishes xx

What percentile were they? Throughout pregnancy my twins have both measured a lot shorter in the legs than in the abdomen and head. At my scan last week though, the sonographer said they now have long legs suddenly. I agree with Kate that they have growth spurts and sometimes different areas catch up later. When we thought their legs were on the short side, sonographer kept telling us that they are much more concerned with AC and HC than FL so not to worry and it's great you're getting extra monitoring so hopefully munchkin has a little growth spurt soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back