Baby's First Holiday...

mrs_c

Reaction score
Our baby girl is due 28th July and due to not having a holiday abroad for over 14 months both myself and hubby are gagging now. We are thinking about going abroad for a week to Cape Verde in December as it will be warm but not too hot at that time of year. We went to Cape Verde 2 years ago and had a really relaxing time. The baby will be roughly 4-5 months depending on when shes born. I'm looking for a bit of advice on what age you took your little one abroad for the first time, was it hard work and what did you take with you to make the holiday easier? Any help and advice would be gratefully received.
Thanks
XxX

We took Harry to Majorca last year in September when he was 5 months

To me it was the right age as we hasn't starting weaning and I was still BF so we needed very little. Though I did buy some cartons of formula ready made up to give him (more for extra fluids during the heat cos he wasn't a great water fan)

We just took a few toys along and that was pretty much it.

We bought some cold water steriliser tablets for the couple of bottles we took

Best thing we did was hold off weaning so that we didn't need to worry about food- though he did chew on some bots of bread but he didn't associate food with eating so it wasn't an issue

Is it about a four hour flight to Cape Verde? That'll prob be the hardest bit xx

Yeah the flight will be the hardest, its about 5 hours if I remember but hoping the flight times will fall with the babys sleeping routine. I'm hoping to BF and not have to take too much in the way of bottles and like yourself may hold off from weaning until after the holiday to make things easier but until then I suppose I wont know what baby will or wont want.
XxX

im not yet a mum but when we took our freind on hol with her little one last year we were advised to hold fingers over ears during take off and landing as they cant adjust thhe pressure themselves sucking or feeding from you is also supposed to help with the aeroplane pressure pain xx

We took owen when he was 1 and to turkey to my mums apartment! I didnt venture far. This time wuth baby 2 id def be more confident! Xx

mummy to ds 11/7/11
pregnant *team pink* due 12/9/13

im not yet a mum but when we took our freind on hol with her little one last year we were advised to hold fingers over ears during take off and landing as they cant adjust thhe pressure themselves sucking or feeding from you is also supposed to help with the aeroplane pressure pain xx

Our daughter was 9 months. Still breastfeeding and was weaning. No problems with that on holiday, but we did baby led, not purees.

Breastfeeding helped keep her quiet on the flight for a bit :) but she was pretty good.

We took a dummy for take off/landing, but she'd never had one before and didn't know how to use it!! But she didn't seem to have problems with her ears. I did! I always do :-(

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27