Baby's first Christmas

Discussion in 'Baby & Toddler' started by Marijana FC, Dec 22, 2007.

1. Marijana FC

Marijana FC Well-Known Member

Hi Ladies!

Can't decide what to do re going away with my little one for this Christmas. Our options are:
    1. going to Essex on Xmas day to spend one night with my husband's exteneded family. This would mean travelling for at least 3 hours with a baby who is teething, is very, very irritable and crancky, and generally hates car seat (unsual I know); or,
    2. staying at home and having a relaxed, 'I don't want to achieve anything special' type of Christams.
    You can guess which is my favourite but my husband is really pushing for going away. Would you go away or stay at home?
    Thanks!

2. samandbump

samandbump Well-Known Member

i would want to stay at home!!!!!!
    you could always go and visit after xmas

3. Emmylou

Emmylou Well-Known Member

Well you've just sold option 2 to me :D

We're off to MIL on Xmas morning, but then its oly 2 hours, Libby will sleep all the way (famous last words :lol: ) and we're there for the week rather than just one night.

Hope you have a nice xmas, whichever option wins :hug:

4. Marijana FC

Thanks Ladies! My thoughts exactly! But my husband is really insisting on going away; I just don't know how to pursuade him...Any ideas?

5. mummykay

mummykay Well-Known Member

tell him u need this, that etc for takin baby away - travel cot, portable steriliser etc but he has to pay for it and pack it all cos it was his idea so he has to prepare lol :lol:

6. trixipaws

trixipaws Well-Known Member

even if i really wanted to go somewhere, if my baby didnt i wouldnt. 3 hours is a long time to a baby and i would put the babys happiness first. :)

7. lozzi

lozzi Well-Known Member

TEll him if he really wants to do the 3 hour trip to the in-laws then he can be in charge of an upset baby lol

Bam isnt good in the carseat to start wtih... but add teething and 3 hours!!!!!!!! id tell him to whistle :D

8. Marijana FC

Hurray! I managed to pursuade him! We are not going! Yeee!

9. tuck

tuck Well-Known Member

my MIL only lives 5 mins away but I still told hubbie that if we're not going to UK for xmas then we're having xmas at HOME so we are and the in-laws are coming round in the afternoon (did invite them for dinner but my FIL wont eat 'english food'!!!!!) :roll: