Baby's eye colour?

Belfast girl

Reaction score
Hi guys, when did your LO's eye colour change? I am half Indian and have brown eyes and my OH is Scottish with bluey-grey eyes.

Am wondering if her eyes are going to change to brown? I thought there were as at 10 weeks they started getting brown flecks in them and went a greeny colour. But i don't think they have changed since then.

Are brown eyes dominent? (Its been a while since i have done any biology!) and when did your LO's eye colour change?

Ta!

My lo was born with the most amazing deep blue eyes, and they gradually got greyer and now they are co pletely darkbrow . I dont remwmber exactly but by about three months inwould say my los started to go brown

Last edited:
Brown is dominant, but that doesn't mean that cos you have brown eyes ur LO will.

If ur oh has 'blue' eyes LO will get a blue gene from him.

You however might not give a brown gene - as you could have a blue gene that is dominated over by ur brown one.

Also eye colour is affected by more than one gene, so it can be difficult to predict, depending on what grandparents have as well.

Xxx

when my little girl is in a happy mood her eyes go bright blue then when shes tired they go dark blue

Mine has always had blue eyes, then in the last 3 days they've gone a lovely hazel colour (I have very blue eyes, and hubby has dark brown) I think brown is the dominant gene, I think there are a few combinations where u can get blue eyes tho. Also I read that their eye colour doesn't fix until they are 6 months.

My sons never changed I have dark brown eyes and hubby has blue eyes Thomas had blue eyes when he was born and stayed the same x

I've read brown is the dominant colour.. Been watching Lily's eyes every day lol! They are a gorgeous dark blue almost like a deep purple at one point!!! I was hoping for brown but her eyes are so beautiful deep blue!!

Owens now almost 7 months and his eyes are almost hazel brown now x

My LO has always had lovely blue eyes, they never changed colour. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back