Baby wrap / carriers / slings

Geekachublog

Reaction score
I really want a baby wrap / carrier / sling in one of these kinds of patterns, but I don't want to spend a fortune!
eve9a7an.jpg
udajuja7.jpg
7ure3e9u.jpg

They are lovely :) I've found that slings do seem quite expensive for what they are and you do have to be a bit careful that they are safe and strong enough to hold baby so cheap ones are often too good to be true. Having said that I spent £60 on a connecta baby carrier and thought that was a lot but I can honestly say its the best thing I've bought this time round and it gets used loads more than our pram which cost hundreds! Seren loves it and its the only reliable way to get her to sleep in the day. If you find a sling you love go for it, you won't regret it. Only thing I will say is if you haven't already go to a sling library and try a few different types out to see which suits you best. I have a stretchy wrap too and although its also good I do find it a bit fiddly to get on. Xxx

I was totally lost by all the choices to start with. After a lot of research we ended up with an Ergo baby carrier and a Boba wrap. They were not cheap but are fantastic, not regretted it at all, just wish I got them sooner. LO is in her boba wrap as I type. I would say consider splashing out on what you really want. Some of the cheep ones are not really up to standard but there are a few small businesses making quality items for a good price. I think what you are after is a woven wrap, I haven't tried one of those.

Last edited:
There are some ridiculously priced wraps out there - Artipoppe prices are ridiculous, I paid less for my first car!

If you're on facebook there are lots of preloved wrap and carrier groups, there's also the 'dip into babywearing' group which is like a raffle.

If you want to buy new and outright then Lenny Lamb wraps are very good, and not too costly either x

Last edited:
You don't need to spend a fortune for a sling, especially not a rainbow. I just bought a Storch rainbow ring sling for £35, which I think it is pretty good. I do also have many didymos, KKD, Oscha wraps that cost a darn sight more.

There is a group on FB affordable baby slings for sale or swap and of course the Slings and Things FSOT/Babywearing FSOT you can pick up a used sling for quite reasonable depending on which one you want.

depending on which you want, it is often better to buy used because then it has been broken in and is soft and buttery and easier to use than a brand new one.

Someone posted a cheap wrap on ebay they where £14.99 or something and some said they had one and loved it. x

These baby wraps are looking very beautiful. I have used many wraps like Stretchy wrap and Woven wrap. This is also good. Well, I think you must research on online stores to get the cheaper one.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back