Baby will NOT take a bottle - Please Help...

ChrisHoppyBot

Reaction score
Morning guys,

My wife and I have a 7 month off daughter, and she's truly amazing. Had a little rough start to life with being 6 weeks premature and having to spend 8 days in hospital.

We have one slight issue though. I work full time and my wife will be going back to work in January/February and she is slowly getting worked up over the fact that P won't take a bottle no matter what we do.

I've spent a small fortune on different bottles, different teets, and a bottle prep machine. I've attempted to feed P while the mother is in another room, on another floor and even out of the house. No joy. I've tried feeding in different rooms. Tried covering the teet with her favourite yoghurt, just sucks the yoghurt off and rejects the bottle. Tried mixing the formula with juice but still no joy. We've tried two different formulas.

We can not figure out how to get P to take it regularly as one in 15 or so bottles she'll feed from it. And at night we'll dream feed her twice from the bottle without any issues.

My wife is slowly going crazy because she's not had a single nights sleep or an evening to herself because of the situation. And it's obviously starting to worry her now because we don't know what we can do when she goes back to work.

We have our fingers crossed that if P were to take a full bottle before bed she'd then be able to sleep through the night.

Any suggestions and tips are greatly appreciated.

ChrisHoppyBot

Last edited:
Have you tried a sippy cup? Does she use anything for water? Expressed milk in the cup or bottle. Neither of my children used a bottle. DS1 took formula from a cup at 9/10mths, DS2 still won't drink milk at 12mths. My HV said not to worry if they won't have formula during the day, just to make sure they have snacks like yoghurt or cheese. x

My baby has a bottle of formula at night and she still wakes up and my hv said formula won't help. I go back in march and I need to try to give my baby more bottles but she wont take much she waits for me x

Have you tried a sippy cup? Does she use anything for water? Expressed milk in the cup or bottle. Neither of my children used a bottle. DS1 took formula from a cup at 9/10mths, DS2 still won't drink milk at 12mths. My HV said not to worry if they won't have formula during the day, just to make sure they have snacks like yoghurt or cheese. x

Morning,

We have a non-spill sippy cup thing but she doesn't really entertain the idea of it. Gives it a go for a few seconds and then turns her nose up at it. P has taken to food really well, so in the morning will feed her a yoghurt and then a farley's rusk mushed up in warm-ish milk.

I think P is just being stubborn, as she'll take two bottles in quick succession in the late evening when she is a sleep. So it can't be the taste of the formula or the bottles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back