Baby Vitamins

MissKW

Reaction score
Wonder if anybody can shed some light here as I am finding myself at log aheads with my hubby recently.
DH came back from the shop with some wellbaby multivitamins. DS is 8 months, exclusively breastfed and eating solids really well (pretty much everything he has is home made, fresh fruit and veg usually organic and I offer the occasional bit of plain meat etc).
When the health visitor last came when DS was 3 months (she hasn't been since as said she didn't feel the need to as he was doing so well etc) she gave advice ready for weaning and told me there are vitamin drops available for babies 6months onwards to make sure they get enough vit D etc.
As he has been doing so well I didn't bother getting any.
I really don't want to give him extra vitamins if he doesn't seem to need it as mostly they are synthetic forms and I don't want to fill him with rubbish as most contain sugar (like the ones hubby brought home).
I very politely told him that I didn't want to use them and why etc, but he started getting sturn with me saying HE wants HIS baby to have vitamins because he doesn't know if he's getting what he needs..
I eat as healthy as I can also to ensure I'm providing what I can for him through BF as well as feeding him as well as I can. That and so far he has never shown any signs of illness at all, didn't have any jaundice whatsoever, always been a really good weight, has managed to avoid illness even when me and hubby have had colds and he has reached all his milestones on time or early. So it's not like we have any reason to think he's not getting what he needs.
I'm a bit pissed off with his reaction tbh as I go out of my way to do the best I possibly can for DS, as I always will, just like anyone else.

Anyway, is there any actual benefit to giving DS the vitamins to keep hubby quiet or am I right to be avoiding them and the sugars etc that come with them?!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back