Baby Under Ribs

kittykitchn

Reaction score
I swear this baby is massive. I've been told I look big since I started showing, and was measured at 95% centile at 25 weeks. I know I have nothing to compare to, but she just FEELS huge.
For the last month she spends most of her time under my right ribs - head I assume because it's a big round ball, and then another big round ball lower on the left - I also feel kicking by my pelvis at the same time, so she literally takes up my whole stomach from boob to vagina.

The last week has been incredibly uncomfortable, her head is still wedged under my ribs. At this point everything says that my uterus should only be a couple of inches above my bellybutton, so how is she below my boob? lol Feels like there's bloody two of them in there

In both my pregnancies it's felt very tight by my ribs until baby was engaged into my pelvis which didn't happen until the last few weeks with my first and didn't at all with my last pregnancy as it was twins. Xxx

My friends first pregnancy had a breech baby and head stuck in the ribs the whole way. She had to hold her arm up for relief.

Second baby is due March and the same, breech with head in the ribs.

Imagine its horrible. Jackson engaged quite early so I didnt have that.

xxxx

I can't comment as my uterus is where it's meant to but it sounds really painful and uncomfortable. I think your a week ahead of me but hoping I don't feel that for a while. I do feel alot of movement really low down and that can be unpleasant. X

I've been in constant discomfort with baby under my ribs (right hand-side also) for maybe 2+ months. It's really hard to sit- office work was the worst! Standing or lying down usually gives me some relief. Its been sore, and the skin over the area has also felt numb too? bizarre.

I think mine is sliiiightly better now as he is maybe getting a bit lower- but the discomfort is still there.

Although its CONSTANT its not agony - and I've had an otherwise pretty easy pregnancy so I've tried to be grateful for that haha!

Chin up it wont last forever :)

I've been in constant discomfort with baby under my ribs (right hand-side also) for maybe 2+ months. It's really hard to sit- office work was the worst! Standing or lying down usually gives me some relief. Its been sore, and the skin over the area has also felt numb too? bizarre.

I think mine is sliiiightly better now as he is maybe getting a bit lower- but the discomfort is still there.

Although its CONSTANT its not agony - and I've had an otherwise pretty easy pregnancy so I've tried to be grateful for that haha!

Chin up it wont last forever :)

When did that start for you Mel?
Although it's very uncomfortable, I'm more intrigued as to why she's up under there already when she "shouldn't" be much past my belly button. Am I over thinking it?

I remember this well with my first pregnancy. I had it right up until the end it was worse when I was sat down for periods of time.

Although your womb isn't that far up, it will be pushing your other organs up into your ribs and causing the discomfort. It's amazing how much we manage to cram in there alongside a growing baby!

I've been intrigued as to how baby is laying as I get movement all over and can completely sympathise with them been under the ribs...Logan is def head down as I had a scan yesterday and I think it's his knees and feet that spend there time wedged under my rib, that along with his head pushing on my cervix and him punching my pelvis...I really can't get comfy anymore x

Sounds super uncomfortable! In my 12 week scan, they told me my uterus is super high up and they were scanning a lot higher than if it were in a normal position. Now I'm getting a bump it's quite a high up bump and I often get uncomfortable too and am slightly dreading having the problem you're having to be honest, I remember the pain well with my first baby. You can always ask your mifwife for advice on how to turn baby or something? Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back